Millar is not a cleanup hitter

JTrea81

I dont think Jones should be #2 in the order until later in the year. He is too raw right now. His strikeouts are still very high, he needs to wait until he has a few more AB's to move up.

And batting second in the lineup would give him many more AB's than what he's getting now...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what other options do you think we really have? We do not have a serious 1b prospect waiting in the wings. We do not have a serious candidate to take over for Millar at the current place in time. When the trade deadline comes, i expect one of Millar/Huff to be out the door, and when that time comes, if we are so far back we cannot even dig our way out, lets bring up some raw talent to get some ML AB's.

So what other options do you think we really have? We do not have a serious 1b prospect waiting in the wings. We do not have a serious candidate to take over for Millar at the current place in time. When the trade deadline comes, i expect one of Millar/Huff to be out the door, and when that time comes, if we are so far back we cannot even dig our way out, lets bring up some raw talent to get some ML AB's.

Scott Moore could play 1st quite easily. He should be playing everyday up here right now...

Scott Moore could play 1st quite easily. He should be playing everyday up here right now...

No he should not.

He is 5-32 down in Norfolk, that is a robust .156 average. For the people that are claiming Penn and Liz havent earned a look on the major league club, Moore hasnt earned him way back to the majors.

What has he done to warrant a spot on a ML roster? He has not been creating havoc in MiL, so why should we bring him up?

He's learning to play the MI so of course he won't be focused at the plate, and Norfolk kills hitters. He hit well enough in ST and hit a HR in his first start. I think he can be another Casey Blake type player for us or better if he was actually given a chance to play up here regularly.

He's learning to play the MI so of course he won't be focused at the plate, and Norfolk kills hitters. He hit well enough in ST and hit a HR in his first start. I think he can be another Casey Blake type player for us or better if he was actually given a chance to play up here regularly.

He will get his chance, but right now it is not it.

Yeah you can have excuses for why he isnt doing well in Norfolk and they are valid, but all he had to do was hit .250 or a little better to regain a spot on the major league roster, but 5-32 gets you left in the minors.

I'm just stating the obvious. Millar at cleanup is not our best optimization of the lineup.

Heck, I would give it to Huff for awhile. At least he seems to be hitting the ball on the screws and driving in runs.

I'm just stating the obvious. Millar at cleanup is not our best optimization of the lineup.

It's just funny because I was saying on tonight's game thread that you were probably over here bashing Trembley for hitting Millar 4th not knowing that is exactly what was happening...

Heck, I would give it to Huff for awhile. At least he seems to be hitting the ball on the screws and driving in runs.

Id just like to see another option off the bench...or some tinkering of the lineup. But I dont wanna talk about it now...tonight was a GREAT win for the ballclub, im glad I stayed up to watch it!

Archived