Free Agency - Yikes

kidrock

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to me that unless something disastrous happens and we end up in full rebuild mode, we will likely need 1 SP and 1 OF in free agency.

I think we are solid everywhere else on the diamond. Mancini and possibly Sisco will be ready to move into the starting lineup replacing Trumbo and Wieters. Less needs than we had going into this offseason.

Seems to me that unless something disastrous happens and we end up in full rebuild mode, we will likely need 1 SP and 1 OF in free agency.

I think we are solid everywhere else on the diamond. Mancini and possibly Sisco will be ready to move into the starting lineup replacing Trumbo and Wieters. Less needs than we had going into this offseason.

I'd want to keep Trumbo. Remember last time we put in a home grown guy after a big peice left (Parades and Cruz). Not saying Mancini is bad, but he's DH material, and I don't really mind Trumbo in RF. Sisco is a year away from being here, and so are guys like Gunkel and Miranda.

I'd want to keep Trumbo. Remember last time we put in a home grown guy after a big peice left (Parades and Cruz). Not saying Mancini is bad, but he's DH material, and I don't really mind Trumbo in RF. Sisco is a year away from being here, and so are guys like Gunkel and Miranda.

I think Trumbo's stats will even out a bit and he is certainly DH material as well. We are playing him in the OF out of necessity. He will be worth giving a QO though. I don't think he's the type of guy we need to be looking at signing to a big deal. We have other guys in the minors that could fill his spot and I rather get a real OFer and a real SPer.

I don't think those last two guys you mentioned are more than fifth starters, if they are even big league material. Sisco could be forcing the issue. Killing it in Bowie right now and it could be tempting to have him on the roster if we are looking at Caleb Joseph and a sub .650 OPS as the everyday catcher.

Archived