Loewen to DL, Torres Recalled

dkdc

Because you don't know why they made the decision so you can't know whether it was good or not. I'm only saying that you have not spoken with MacPhail, to the best of my knowledge, so you are not in a "good" position to judge it, yet.

Now, if they don't do anything else soon that make it more apparent why they made this move, then I would tend to agree with you. I just think you and others are too quick to judge this roster move.

I particularly see no need to promote a RH 5th outfielder when our RH'd 4th outfielder has done an excellent job in that role. Especially when our reserve infielder, Fahey, is left handed. Personally, I'd like to see Moore replace Fahey. Then we'd have a left handed bat on the bench that could play 1st and 3rd, a right handed bat that could play any outfield position and another RH'd bat that can backup at the middle infield positions. But without knowing why this exact move was made, I'm just not ready to judge it, just so I can be first to bash.

I don't care if this move is for one day, it is stupid!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With LH, that's what DT was bothered about. People here like to rant about his bat, but that's not what the O's have been upset about. DT was quite clear that he wants him for D, and that anything he gets at the plate is a bonus. So, his D is 100% of the recent issue the O's have had with him.

BTW, he appears to be coming out of his little D-funk, at least on my TV anyway. The throw to double-up Ichiro was harder to do than maybe people think. He received a toss from BRob with the runner coming at him with spikes up, and he went in the air while gunning it to get Ichiro anyway... no time to pull his arm back, more like a C's snap-throw while turning his body and going in the air, all at the same time. Got him by a couple feet, it wasn't even that close. That's not the kind of thing that shows up in web gems, but most good-D doesn't... most of it looks ordinary when it's not.

Ok, but there is a limit. Just because Trembley wants a defensive SS doesn't mean he wants a SS that has a bat that is putrid. I haven't seen many plays that Hernandez has made where he would have been the only player capable of making that play.

Torres had been hitting well and we needed another bat that would be able to sub for Roberts and possibly start at SS. I don't think the O's forgot about that hit that saved them from having to go into extra innings before they packed up to head up north on the last game in Fort Lauderdale. This is probably a reward for that and his play in Norfolk.

Moore should be up here anyway but I can see why Torres is here instead but one of the SS duo has to go for his roster spot so Olson can come up and pitch. I've said Moore won't be back until Millar or Mora is gone and I think I'm right on that one. I also wonder if Moore is suffering from Calvin Pickering syndrome...

I have already said what I would do...Of course, if DT and AM go a different way, then that must mean they are totally right...I forgot, they never have nor never will make a wrong decision. :rolleyes:

Its not that I agree wholeheartedly with AM and DT, I am just not quick to criticize every move.

Torres is the hothand. They were quick to remove Loewen from the roster.

Moore is down in AAA to get consistent at-bats, something he wouldnt be getting up here, and he hasnt done much with them at Norfolk. The organization thinks that Moore can be an everyday player but he cant do that at the ML level right now. That argument makes sense. It isnt some "stupid" bogus argument.

Torres had been hitting well and we needed another bat that would be able to sub for Roberts and possibly start at SS. I don't think the O's forgot about that hit that saved them from having to go into extra innings before they packed up to head up north on the last game in Fort Lauderdale. This is probably a reward for that and his play in Norfolk.

Moore should be up here anyway but I can see why Torres is here but one of the SS duo has to go for his roster spot. I've said Moore won't be back until Millar or Mora is gone and I think I'm right on that one. I also wonder if Moore is suffering from Calvin Pickering syndrome...

Torres is a waste of a spot but if he is playing well enough, fine...The other 2 are a waste of a spot as well, so whatever....But to have all 3 of these guys up here is a joke.

Torres is a waste of a spot but if he is playing well enough, fine...The other 2 are a waste of a spot as well, so whatever....But to have all 3 of these guys up here is a joke.

One of them will be gone in 3-4 days. Having an extra pitcher or bench player isnt going to cost us any wins over that course.

Its not that I agree wholeheartedly with AM and DT, I am just not quick to criticize every move.

Torres is the hothand. They were quick to remove Loewen from the roster.

Moore is down in AAA to get consistent at-bats, something he wouldnt be getting up here, and he hasnt done much with them at Norfolk. The organization thinks that Moore can be an everyday player but he cant do that at the ML level right now. That argument makes sense. It isnt some "stupid" bogus argument.

It is extremely unlikely that the team looks at Moore as an everyday player...Sorry but that explanation is poor.

He isn't going to replace any of the corner IFers right now and he isn't in their long term plans for the corner IF positions.

Super UTI guy.....

Oh no, your going to be a new age OldFan, just because the TV didnt exist when he first started watching players. :D

Actually, he's a little bit younger than I am. He's not old, he's just got his FakeCodgerDude shtick, that's all. My dad is almost 89 and even he acts younger than FakeCodgerDude does. You guys just fall for it, that's all ;-)

It is extremely unlikely that the team looks at Moore as an everyday player...Sorry but that explanation is poor.

He isn't going to replace any of the corner IFers right now and he isn't in their long term plans for the corner IF positions.

Super UTI guy.....

Well Trembley has said to him he thinks he's an everyday player so unless Trembley lied to him I hope that is the case. But Trembley hasn't played Moore that much since the Orioles acquired him even though he is probably a better player than Mora or Millar at this point. Every team could use a Casey Blake and I think that's who he could be if the team gave him a chance.

Who knows what to think? I just hope Moore's confidence hasn't been shot by having to hit in the Death Valley that is Harbor Park. Who knows how many fly balls died that should have been extra bases...

Well Trembley has said to him he thinks he's an everyday player so unless Trembley lied to him I hope that is the case. But Trembley hasn't played Moore that much since the Orioles acquired him even though he is probably a better player than Mora or Millar at this point. Every team could use a Casey Blake and I think that's who he could be if the team gave him a chance.

Who knows what to think? I just hope Moore's confidence hasn't been shot by having to hit in the Death Valley that is Harbor Park. Who knows how many fly balls died that should have been extra bases...

Right...None of us have watched...We have no idea how he is hitting the ball and really, it doesn't matter...He could have struck 35 times and he should still have been called up.

DT was going to play 3 times in that the one week...the one he got sent down.

He was going to start a few times a week and probably pinch hit in most games..That is plenty of playing time for him.

Loewen on the DL gives you the option of bringing up another RH 4th OF who is currently slumping or a LH 3B/1B who is currently slumping or a SH MI who is currently hot. This is probably just foR 4 days until you bring up a SP to fill Loewen's spot. I don't see how it is stupid to bring up the currently hot bat and also have the opportunithy to evaluate him as a pssible SS upgrade. If you think they intend to keep all three of Fahey, LH, and Torres for any length of time, you are even dumber than you think AM and DT are.:rolleyes:

Archived