April 25th-26th @ Chicago

McNulty

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, since the first inning went so swimmingly, sure.

He said it gives more depth, especially at second. He made reference to that fact that he "can't keep running Roberts out there everyday". He said Torres has earned the promotion, and Cintron and Bynum both weren't ready. He said they can go a few different ways with the starter for next Tuesday, either using Johnson (said again that he won't move Albers, and loves him in the long relief role), or promote someone from AAA. He said he talked to AM today about that, and they will make a decision which way to go by the "end of the weekend".

He can't keep running Roberts out there, but he can keep running Millar out there every day? :confused: Seriously, I understand Roberts is small and expends more energy than most players due to basestealing being such a big part of his game, but it's three weeks into the season and he's already had one day off and Freddie Bynum can't be more than a week or two from coming back. Needing to rest Brian Roberts is not an excuse for keeping three minor league middle infielders on you major league roster.

He can't keep running Roberts out there, but he can keep running Millar out there every day? :confused: Seriously, I understand Roberts is small and expends more energy than most players due to basestealing being such a big part of his game, but it's three weeks into the season and he's already had one day off and Freddie Bynum can't be more than a week or two from coming back. Needing to rest Brian Roberts is not an excuse for keeping three minor league middle infielders on you major league roster.

For this weekend? Sure it is. I'm positive its just a temporary move because we don't need another starter for 4 more games. So why not grab the extra guy for this series?

They'll move either Fahey or Torres back to AAA as soon as Tuesday rolls around. I'm sure they have a reason for not calling up Moore, and I respect them enough not to second guess it. They proved us all wrong when we questioned the Johnson call up. I think they've earned a little latitude.

For this weekend? Sure it is. I'm positive its just a temporary move because we don't need another starter for 4 more games. So why not grab the extra guy for this series?

They'll move either Fahey or Torres back to AAA as soon as Tuesday rolls around. I'm sure they have a reason for not calling up Moore, and I respect them enough not to second guess it. They proved us all wrong when we questioned the Johnson call up. I think they've earned a little latitude.

Brian Roberts desperately needs a day off this weekend? Unless he's hiding an injury that would be spectacularly bad timing with him just breaking out of a bad slump, not to mention the stupidity of giving Roberts more rest than your league average 36 year olds. The team would have been better served by either a somewhat legitimate pinch hitter or another pitcher.

Brian Roberts desperately needs a day off this weekend? Unless he's hiding an injury that would be spectacularly bad timing with him just breaking out of a bad slump, not to mention the stupidity of giving Roberts more rest than your league average 36 year olds. The team would have been better served by either a somewhat legitimate pinch hitter or another pitcher.

I'm not disagreeing with you about Roberts needing a day off this weekend, but the point I was trying to make was that if they want an extra position player for this weekend, I'm all for it (instead of a pitcher).

I'm guessing Trembley wanted to call up someone who was swinging a hot stick down there in AAA, and Torres can play the MI positions. That allows Fahey to be a backup at just about every other position.

I don't know if any of that is the right way to go, but my point is that Trembley and MacPhail think it is, and I'm not going to question them just yet because I think they've earned the latitude here.

Who is this somewhat legitimate PH you speak of? Torres is the hottest bat you could bring up from Norfolk right now and he is a switch hitter. I think when he mentions giving BRob a rest he is saying without saying that Fahey goes on Tuesday.

They arent even going to make a decision on the game til 11 pm (here) but thats when they hope to start it..

I gotta get up at 4 am, they might still be playing when I wake up like what happened last week with SD/Colorado. Here's hoping they dont need to play 23 innings as well or people could be waking up to breakfast and baseball lol.

Archived