vs. TIGERS, 5/15

Sessh

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean 316/385/439/823 right?

Or do the innings he pitched last year (more than this year year's sample size) not count?

You do know that LHB put up a 555 OPS against him last year right?

I don't want to get all statty in the game thread but when you post misleading information...

According to the platoon splits for 2016 on BB-Ref the numbers I listed are what they think are correct.

This is a leisurely Sunday game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2 more hits today for Adam Jones, plus a walk. Average up to .269. I remember when it was .196 Tuesday night in Minnesota <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

According to the platoon splits for 2016 on BB-Ref the numbers I listed are what they think are correct.

Right, but you didn't say you were using information from 21 plate appearances while ignoring what he did last year.

Considering the sample size I think using the cumulative data from 2015-2016 is likely to be more representational of his ability.

At the least you should have specified the data sample because it sounded to me as if you were drawing on his lifetime numbers.

Someone should make an Angelo Dundee app that would provide context appropriate motivational prodding and occasional cut work.

His biggest move of all was when he pushed then Cassius Clay off of the stool and into the middle of the ring prior to the start of the 5th round in 1964, when Clay/Ali had been blinded by liniment used by Sonny Liston to stop the bleeding on his cuts.

Archived