Struggling Pitchers Ubaldo Jimenez, Brian Matusz Raise Concerns For Orioles

PressBoxOnline

I was stunned when they kept Matusz after '14, and the fact that he's still here is comical.

He must have compromising info on DD or PA.

To think we release players like Triggs and even Parades while Matusz eats a roster spot

Simply amazing

I'm wondering if he's playing hurt. Despite everyone's angst over Matusz, and the bias folks seem to have against him, he had been decent the last several seasons as a reliever (don't believe me? Look up his stats!). But so far this year, he looks horribly ineffective... completely like a different pitcher to me. If they decide to keep him, they need to get him to Ubaldo's pothole stat, and figure out what's up with him.

And I haven't seen any reports on his velocity or movement... pitches just look slow and flat to the eye.

I am for Jimenez in the BP. I am not for getting rid of him altogether. BP could

maybe help him. As for Brian he would be the one to go. IMO

How would you like to him used in the BP? I think he could only really be used in mop ups or blow outs because he's erratic in my opinion for much else.

He must have compromising info on DD or PA.

To think we release players like Triggs and even Parades while Matusz eats a roster spot

Simply amazing

Oh I did not realize that Paredes could pitch. He had to be on the 25 man roster unfortunately. But he's playing for the Jays tonight, They are sitting Donaldson because of poor play.

Especially in the field.

Would have to put [ubaldo] in the Vanimal role of swing man/spot starter.
That's what he did in 2014 when they put him in the pen. Most of the time, he wasn't too bad in that role; he can pitch effectively for an inning or two out of the pen.

In his spare time, he could work closely with Wallace/Chiti/Ramon on his mechanics and regaining command of his fastball. Eventually, if he does decently, Buck could consider putting him back into the rotation. But they shouldn't rush this process and they shouldn't wait until the end of the season to move him to the pen.

I'm wondering if he's playing hurt. Despite everyone's angst over Matusz, and the bias folks seem to have against him, he had been decent the last several seasons as a reliever (don't believe me? Look up his stats!). But so far this year, he looks horribly ineffective... completely like a different pitcher to me. If they decide to keep him, they need to get him to Ubaldo's pothole stat, and figure out what's up with him.

And I haven't seen any reports on his velocity or movement... pitches just look slow and flat to the eye.

I don't think so. They really stretched Brian out in his rehab games. 3, and I think even 4 innings. He's good to go. And still can't hit the broad side of a barn door. He's just lost. Showalter said as much.

I don't know if Dan has the cajones to straight cut him tho...

I don't think so. They really stretched Brian out in his rehab games. 3, and I think even 4 innings. He's good to go. And still can't hit the broad side of a barn door. He's just lost. Showalter said as much.

I don't know if Dan has the cajones to straight cut him tho...

You know what I'm talkin' about.

Just let me know if you wanna go

to that home out on the range.

They gotta lotta nice girls.

Had Matusz been effective on Tuesday, he could have been available for the sixth yesterday when Wilson got in trouble. His outing not only burned up himself, but also Worley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was thinking the same thing....if we had an effective LOOGY, that would've been a great spot for him.

Archived