Carlos Quentin

Fan4Life

These are the guys teams like the Orioles should always be going for.

High ceiling guys that become blocked...Sometimes its because they have a bad season, sometimes it is a character issue and sometimes its just the team they are on wanting to go a different direction.

But we need to be all over them.

Yeh, you called this guy right. I REALLY like what I see from him. He doesn't swing at balls. He has good power. He has good contact. He knows not to swing at pitcher's pitches until he gets to two strikes. He plays a good left field. I've been really impressed.

The CWS made a helluva trade here. Is the A ball stud they traded for Quentin doing well for Arizona?

BTW, since I'm coming clean on things I missed, I originally thought the CWS trade with Oakland for Swisher was a horrible decision, but I think I misjudged Swisher's ability. He makes a helluva difference at the top of that order. I'm still not sure I like the trade, but it can at least be a debatable point.

1) Chris Carter was involved in the Haren deal..He is oakland.

2) Yep, you didn't think the White Sox would be that good...Shame on you! lol

3) How interesting is it that Quentin and Guthrie were teammates in college(i believe I heard them say that)?

1) Good lord. He has a 900 OPS with a 225 BA in high A ball. 7 homers out of 18 hits, 11 EBH out of 18

http://minors.baseball-reference.com/players.cgi?pid=2387

2) The jury is still out on them for me. I think a lot is going right at the moment. Danks has taken a huge step forward. So has Floyd. Contreras hasn't had the crap knocked out of him. We've lost to him twice and I just don't see it. He looks terrible to me. The bullpen hasn't killed them and I think it will. Linebrook and Danks are the only guys out there that I'm impressed with at all.

3) I hadn't heard that, but that is pretty cool. He looks like a very heady ballplayer to me.

Contreras is their Trax...How teams don't score 5+ runs a game on them, i have no idea.

I think they will be 500 or slightly above personally.

I was advocating pursuing McClouth aggressively too. A bit older and not blocked per se, but probably a low value guy given he was in competition and their best prospect will take his spot in CF at the end of the year (he will likely take bay's spot in LF or Nady's in RF depending on which gets traded). He is having a phenominal start to the season. 2 dingers today and 23 RBI out of the leadoff spot.

Archived