vs INDIANS, 5/29

Sessh

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hyun Soo <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Kim?src=hash">#Kim</a>'s first homer in MLB (Korean call)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://t.co/5oRqrIxWfu">pic.twitter.com/5oRqrIxWfu</a></p>— Joseph Kim (@blackwings2011) <a href="

">May 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Soto has been fine since his first couple appearances and appears to be picking up steam. That makes seven. Problem is Cano has been the most reliable and all of a sudden looked terrible twice in a row. Hopefully he can get in one decent appearance in the final series.
    • So It's 13 pitchers for the Wild card round? What position player are you dropping?
    • There have been 2-3 times when it seemed logical to call him up but they don’t.   I’ve never understood this thing they have for Baker.  Hey, Cole Irvin is available again!!
    • While we lost some talented players, I think the consensus was some of the players we lost were actually blocking more talented prospects. The loss of Westburg and Urias should have been mostly offset by Holliday and Mayo. Instead, they were truly abysmal.  Povich had some nice moments but he was disappointing as well.  Maybe our expectations were too high - Elias is not going to hit on every prospect, and even the ones that turn out good may take a while to adjust. Still, I think it is fair to have expected more out of Mayo and Holliday since the organization deemed them ready to promote.  In addition to the prospects, you had Adley hit a wall, going from a 6 WAR pace to replacement level, and Cowser and O'Hearn both struggling.  Certainly injuries hurt us, but we should have been strong enough to overcome them. Maybe not to sustain a 105 win pace but I think it is fair to say we should have been able to beat 95 wins and win the division even with the injuries.  
    • I was wondering what the knee-jerk reaction would be to an ugly game last night, but the truth is that the bullpen is fine, as is the rest of the team. We lack a true lockdown closer, but we have six arms by my count that are very good relievers in Akin, Perez, Coulombe, Webb, Cano, and Domingez. And you can add Suarez to that list next week, and possibly Povich, who should also make the PS roster as a lefty long relief option to mirror Suarez. Anyway, that game could have and would have gone much differently, IMO, if it were a playoff game. Burnes obviously stays in longer and gets at least through the top of the order if not back down to the bottom third to hand it over to the bullpen. Hopefully we'd be able to scratch out some runs, but that's not the bullpen's fault.  This is an extremely good team with a lead. Let's hope we get on the board early and often starting tonight.
    • Boy, Brandon Young who has some decent numbers at Norfolk must be injured or unimpressive to the front office to not even get a look for this bullpen. Bryan Baker is almost a waste of a call up.
  • Popular Contributors