vs. YANKEES, 6/04

Sessh

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice job there Nolan, might want to swing the bat next time. Kim would have done better.

I must say (as I said before the 9th), I wd have gone with Kim. WHY PINCH HIT FOR A BAT-CONTROL MASTER WHO'S HITTING .400??!!!

This game would have been a win if they had any semblance of pitching.

By the way, let's quit with the talk of the O's "elite bullpen." They have an elite closer, and a couple of very good set-up men. That doesn't an elite bullpen make. They have no reliable long man out of the pen (if they did, he would be starting). They have no effective LH reliever to get tough lefties out. The reality is that the O's just don't have enough pitching to really compete, period. With their explosive offense they are never out of any games, and will win their share of them, probably enough to be in the discussion in September. But the playoffs are a long shot and advancing in the playoffs is just about impossible with this kind of pitching staff.

I must say (as I said before the 9th), I wd have gone with Kim. WHY PINCH HIT FOR A BAT-CONTROL MASTER WHO'S HITTING .400??!!!

Because your manager is Showalter and he wants to cut his nose to spite his face with Kim.

Chapman threw a pitch in the dirt in his warm ups. It hit the catcher on the thumb. The catcher immediately reacted like he was seriously hurt. Chapman never broke expression as he stood on the mound calling for another ball from the umpire. They didn't show him the whole time, but he looked like he really didn't give a flip that a wild pitch just really hurt his catcher when he was on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Romine cut his thumb warming up Chapman and had leave the game. Chapman seemed unphased while waiting for McCann to get his gear on.
He broke his catcher's wrist warming up.

Well he did get suspended for domestic violence, no one should be surprised that he's a dbag.

Archived