vs. ROYALS, 6/08

Sessh

Anyone know how much Ichirio cost Seattle when he first went to SEA? IIRC before Ichiro most of the Asian imports were pitchers like Hideo Nomo and Chan Ho Park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like 4 years 22 million. I think there was a posting fee too.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Royals haven't hit anything hard all series. If they don't score tonight, that will be three runs over the last five games played which is by far the worst slump any Orioles opponent has been in offensively when we played them. This is a broken, frustrated KC team right now. Cleveland broke them down.

Well, that wouldn't include me and several others who were appalled at the way Kim was treated in ST by the Orioles organization starting with Dan Duquette and Buck Showalter. He's had a small but vocal fan club on here since before opening day so ALL of us weren't wrong, much less epically wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less about being right. I do care about stopping revisionist history in its tracks. I also care about changing the narrative from Kim the "wronged Korean pioneer" to Kim the solid, humble, thoroughly professional ballplayer his conduct says he deserves.

I was a Kim fan from the get go. And said so then that he needed the same opportunity to play as Kang got who was awful through most of April and some of May in his first transition year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stay strong, Chris. Going to need the pen a lot this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Dare we think about that rare endangered species known as the complete game?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It looks like 4 years 22 million. I think there was a posting fee too.

Thanks. Man I can't imagine what he'd go for now. He's going to be the first Japanese player in Cooperstown. I remember Nomo being all the rage with his funky windup. The league eventually did figure him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.. and I agree that we need to tap into the asian markets harder. If we're not going to do a rebuild and make some hard trades in the next couple years, we've got to look somewhere. Why not the KBO and NPB? I've always been a big supporter of being more active over there and down south as well.

Dare we think about that rare endangered species known as the complete game?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I would love to see that. He's the guy to do it for the O's.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I was a Kim fan from the get go. And said so then that he needed the same opportunity to play as Kang got who was awful through most of April and some of May in his first transition year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BTW what's the score?

Archived