Taking a Flyer on Jason Botts?

StunninSteve

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Botts was DFA'd today. Any chance we take a chance on him? He's done really well in Triple A, unfortunately, the Majors haven't been too friendly with him thus far. He's 27, maybe worth taking a flyer on...

I most certainly would. I'd stick him at 1st base right now and let him go for it.

Botts was DFA'd today. Any chance we take a chance on him? He's done really well in Triple A, unfortunately, the Majors haven't been too friendly with him thus far. He's 27, maybe worth taking a flyer on...

Who would we cut...? Go back to a 12-man staff or would we just cut Millar?

These are the types of guys you can get for nothing instead of paying 3+ million for Millar.

The Mets should be all over Botts.

I think the Mets would rather get Millar. Maybe we do a Millar for a guy not on the 40 man roster and then we pick up Botts ourselves (best case)

I think the Mets would rather get Millar. Maybe we do a Millar for a guy not on the 40 man roster and then we pick up Botts ourselves (best case)

I know Millar will never return anything of value in a trade, but I still get the feeling that management wants to hold onto him for this season. They love playing the chemistry and leadership cards.

I know Millar will never return anything of value in a trade, but I still get the feeling that management wants to hold onto him for this season. They love playing the chemistry and leadership cards.

Do you see us signing him for next season? I don't. Therefore, I want him traded.

Grab Botts, put him or Huff at 1B and trade Millar or Huff to the Mets. We have waiver priority over the Mets so I could see us doing this. If we get a chance to grab Botts and we pass him up MacPhail will have some explaining to do...

I'd like to see Botts here, but we can't really fit him anywhere unless we dump some of our existing DH/1B logjam. And, I don't know how many trades typically happen in late April...so, I'll go out on a limb and say there is a 0.37% chance he ends up wearing black and orange.

Grab Botts, put him or Huff at 1B and trade Millar or Huff to the Mets. We have waiver priority over the Mets so I could see us doing this. If we get a chance to grab Botts and we pass him up MacPhail will have some explaining to do...

He always has some explaining to do for you, JT. Always! ;)

Given how well picking up Guthrie went after he was cut by the Tribe, I'd think the front office would be all over this...

The problem is our 1B/DH logjam. Pitching is different as we can always use more.

We also have the history of not giving these types of AAA mashers a fair shake in the bigs. Hopefully MacPhail will change that.

Archived