A-Rod on 15-day DL

Boy Howdy

Yeah, if you look at the box score, and see some of the names and batting averages (not to mention the ERAs of some of the pitchers) ... it's enough to make a grown man cry. Poor, poor MFY fans. Maybe Hank can overreact and put the team into an even bigger long-term hole.

Yeah, if you look at the box score, and see some of the names and batting averages (not to mention the ERAs of some of the pitchers) ... it's enough to make a grown man cry. Poor, poor MFY fans. Maybe Hank can overreact and put the team into an even bigger long-term hole.

One can only hope. How long have we been waiting for this team to get old and break down? I guess $200MM doesn't buy what it used to! :D

What is wrong with him. Hamstring?

Strained right quad.

I'm no doctor, but they say it's a "Grade 2" strain, though I'm sure a good chunk of the MFY fanbase will conveniently leave that part out when they point out that Jeter avoided the DL earlier this year with his (Grade 1) quad strain.

Yeah, if you look at the box score, and see some of the names and batting averages (not to mention the ERAs of some of the pitchers) ... it's enough to make a grown man cry.

Especially if the grown man's last name is "Girardi".

I think he picked exactly the wrong time to take the job, and I predict they're gonna hang him for it before it's all over. (Good timing by Torre though.)

Strained right quad.

I'm no doctor, but they say it's a "Grade 2" strain, though I'm sure a good chunk of the MFY fanbase will conveniently leave that part out when they point out that Jeter avoided the DL earlier this year with his (Grade 1) quad strain.

Isn't the reason ARod ended up with a Grade 2 strain likely the fact that he came back from his original (presumably Grade 1) strain much more quickly than Jeter did?

Especially if the grown man's last name is "Girardi".

I think he picked exactly the wrong time to take the job, and I predict they're gonna hang him for it before it's all over. (Good timing by Torre though.)

I was thinking "Cano." That .153 BA is brutal, and he has four errors too!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be banking on Girardi's demise just yet. The Yankees tease us all by sucking at the beginning of almost every year. The doom and gloom last year got way worse than it is now before they finally started winning. As much as I want to believe this time is for real, I'll believe the Yankees are really washed up when I see them behind us and the Rays at the END of the season. :(

Archived