Reimold heating up?

oriole_way

I actually thought he at least deserved a look-see, myself.

I agree. Given what he did in limited action in 07 and considering his ceiling, I can't come up with a reasonable explanation as to why he wasn't given a look initially in spring training. It all worked out in the end, of course. Now, he's beginning to play his way out of Bowie and on to bigger and better things. It's only a matter of time, weeks possibly, before he ends up in Norfolk.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pulled this from the Minor League Game Summary thread for 5/13.

Bowie’s Nolan Reimold went 2-for-5 with a double, a homerun, and three RBI, including the walk-off blast. He’s tonight’s Orioles Hangout Player of the Night!

With his numbers as of late, does anyone else think Reimold has the chance to be up here in September? Or will they hold him back 'til 2009?

Though it's hard to draw a direct comparison because Nolan has been older every step of the way, I thought it was interesting to compare his minor league numbers next to Nick's, especially since they're very close in the number of ABs and games played. These numbers are prior to today.

Reimold:

4 seasons: 284 G

1,015 AB

71 2B

45 HR

169 RBI

155 BB

250 K

.272/.374/.496/.870

Markakis:

3 seasons: 279 G

1,034 AB

77 2B

27 HR

184 RBI

133 BB

194 K

.301/.380/.471/.851

I pulled this from the Minor League Game Summary thread for 5/13.

With his numbers as of late, does anyone else think Reimold has the chance to be up here in September? Or will they hold him back 'til 2009?

Absolutely. His only question is health.

Though it's hard to draw a direct comparison because Nolan has been older every step of the way, I thought it was interesting to compare his minor league numbers next to Nick's, especially since they're very close in the number of ABs and games played. These numbers are prior to today.

Reimold:

4 seasons: 284 G

1,015 AB

71 2B

45 HR

169 RBI

155 BB

250 K

.272/.374/.496/.870

Markakis:

3 seasons: 279 G

1,034 AB

77 2B

27 HR

184 RBI

133 BB

194 K

.301/.380/.471/.851

Nice comparison. While Markakis is the better hitter for average and RBI's, Reimold has the higher power potential. It shows how important it is for Reimold to stay healthy this year and get AB's. The major reason what he's still in Double A and not on the big league roster is his health. There is no reason to doubt that he'll be an effective Major League outfielder.

Nice comparison. While Markakis is the better hitter for average and RBI's, Reimold has the higher power potential. It shows how important it is for Reimold to stay healthy this year and get AB's. The major reason what he's still in Double A and not on the big league roster is his health. There is no reason to doubt that he'll be an effective Major League outfielder.

There is no room for him right now. If Payton was let go or traded then there would be plenty of ABs for him. I still don't think he would be an everyday player with Nick, Adam, and Luke there now. I think he is better off in the minors getting ABs than being as a fourth outfielder here.

There is no room for him right now. If Payton was let go or traded then there would be plenty of ABs for him. I still don't think he would be an everyday player with Nick, Adam, and Luke there now. I think he is better off in the minors getting ABs than being as a fourth outfielder here.

If Aubry Huff is moved at/near the trade deadline, I could see Scott eventually moving to DH and Reimold settling in in LF. I don't know that it would happen immediately but could in time. The scouting reports that I've seen would indicate that Reimold is the better defensive outfield, able to play any of the outfield positions.

If Reimold keeps up his recent pace, I would be disappointed if the ML team did not find room for him before Aug 1.

By my accounting, since April 20 (22 games) Reimold is hitting .317/.391/.585 with 4 HR, 11 RBI. Those were the kind of numbers I was expecting from him. If he could keep up that kind of pace between now and the minor league all-star break, I'd be happy to see him in Norfolk for the 2nd half.

Or we could just make it a priority to move Millar (eating salary if necessary)….. Move Scott to DH, Huff to 1st, and insert Riemold to LF….

Who is more likely to be a part of the 2009 Orioles… Millar or Riemold? Obviously the answer is Riemold… he hit in college, has hit in every level of the minors… has over 1000 Minor League ab's… I see no purpose in going to Norfolk.

Or we could drop one of our excess middle infielders and go from there. We have room for another position player, that's for sure. It would be nice to see Payton gone first though.

Or we could just make it a priority to move Millar (eating salary if necessary)….. Move Scott to DH, Huff to 1st, and insert Riemold to LF….

Who is more likely to be a part of the 2009 Orioles… Millar or Riemold? Obviously the answer is Riemold… he hit in college, has hit in every level of the minors… has over 1000 Minor League ab's… I see no purpose in going to Norfolk.

Yeah, I have zero problem with simply cutting Millar - and moving Huff to 1b full time - though I'd be inclined to keep Scott in LF - I have no problem with using rookies at DH (Eddie Murray started as a DH his rookie year.), and Reimold wouldn't have to learn the LF nuances right away. I also concur with skipping Norfolk. I think they need to see him for half a year - this year - for reasons I've argued about before.

Yeah, I have zero problem with simply cutting Millar - and moving Huff to 1b full time - though I'd be inclined to keep Scott in LF - I have no problem with using rookies at DH (Eddie Murray started as a DH his rookie year.), and Reimold wouldn't have to learn the LF nuances right away.

Yeah, but doesn't the argument for cutting Millar also apply to shifting Scott to DH and plugging Reimold in at LF? Scott turns 30 next month; Reimold is part of the OF of the future.

Yeah, but doesn't the argument for cutting Millar also apply to shifting Scott to DH and plugging Reimold in at LF? Scott turns 30 next month; Reimold is part of the OF of the future.

In the short run - no, not at all, imo. Reimold has to prove he can hit major league pitching. Whether or not he plays LF doing it this year isn't important, imo.

Archived