The Sting of Losing Winnable Games

OFFNY

19 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. D-RAYS, 6/30)

That one stung ........ a lot.

o

Of course it had to be Hechavarria who came through with the RBI single to tie the game as well. Between stung and a lot, I filled in those blanks with a few curse words at the sports bar and I usually try to avoid cursing in general but that was definitely a rough L.

5 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Of course it had to be Hechavarria who came through with the RBI single to tie the game as well. Between stung and a lot, I filled in those blanks with a few curse words at the sports bar and I usually try to avoid cursing in general but that was definitely a rough L.

o

As fans, we can choose to tune the team out for a game or two if we're that disgusted (although I won't be doing that.)

The players have no choice ..... they have to get right back on the field tomorrow, and put what happened tonight out of their minds.

o

4 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

If Brad wants to be a closer he can't have nights like tonight.  Walks a nobody, balks him over and then because Castillo doesn't stop one slider is afraid to throw another. He is too talented to let that stuff happen. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

As fans, we can choose to tune the team out for a game or two if we're that disgusted (although I won't be doing that.)

The players have no choice ..... they have to get right back on the field tomorrow, and put what happened tonight out of their minds.

o

I'll be rooting for the O's tomorrow as usual, everyone have a good night.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

The last time Brach blew a save on Friday night this team went into a tailspin.

I think that may be right.  And I'm superstitious. I really dislike the Friday black unis. So yes, Friday losses and that look give me the willies. This will be one that stands out. 

22 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Right. I think it was Hunter on the radio last night, but he made it seem like it was a little shady.

It was clearly a balk by the rules. Don't listen to Hunter he knows nothing about baseball. The point of the rule is to prevent pitchers from deeking base runners and batters, It shouldn't be called if that is not clearly the intent as it wasn't last night.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

It was clearly a balk by the rules. Don't listen to Hunter he knows nothing about baseball. The point of the rule is to prevent pitchers from deeking base runners and batters, It shouldn't be called if that is not clearly the intent as it wasn't last night.

Yeah, he made it sound like the hitter was up to some shenanigans.