Friday, May 2nd @ Angels

Palmer Esque

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty common strategy to try and assure a run at this point. One extra run is very valuable but playing for a big inning is overkill.

I don't think we were playing for a big inning by any means... I think we were trying to get MelMo in scoring position with 0 outs, to third with 1 out and home with 2 outs. I think Trembley was trying to manufacture a run, the Scioscia way.

what i find frustrating about mora is that he has speed, but he has absolutely no instincts. i cannot count the number of times he's been thrown out on the bases in the late innings of games over the past few years.

i was going to go with jack cust.

I checked this thread before even checking the score upon coming home - after reading, I assumed we were losing by 1 or 2, but instead - we are actually winning 4-2.

This basically means you guys needs to bring it down a peg or two when it comes to calling out players and overreacting to plays/calls - you can't live and die inning to inning, you'll give yourselves a heart attack.

I don't think we were playing for a big inning by any means... I think we were trying to get MelMo in scoring position with 0 outs, to third with 1 out and home with 2 outs. I think Trembley was trying to manufacture a run, the Scioscia way.

Yeah, that's what I mean.

I guess I just didn't express myself very well. :o

what i find frustrating about mora is that he has speed, but he has absolutely no instincts. i cannot count the number of times he's been thrown out on the bases in the late innings of games over the past few years.

i was going to go with jack cust.

It was a miracle if Gibbons could stay upright. Although Jones has had that problem lately. Hmm...

Considerng what Mora gives us, I'll take it.

And wow... what a stunning play by Roberts. Better than anything Aybar's done all night.

I checked this thread before even checking the score upon coming home - after reading, I assumed we were losing by 1 or 2, but instead - we are actually winning 4-2.

This basically means you guys needs to bring it down a peg or two when it comes to calling out players and overreacting to plays/calls - you can't live and die inning to inning, you'll give yourselves a heart attack.

Welcome to the game threads...

A BIG WOW there by BRob... Holy ****!

Archived