Friday, May 2nd @ Angels

Palmer Esque

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone still want to defend Mora's baseball iq? It's a 2 run game -- gotta get an out and keep the tying run from moving into scoring position.

Agreed. Let's ignore everything else he's done defensively this year. He's terrible. That play's all the evidence we need. :rolleyes:

Anyone still want to defend Mora's baseball iq? It's a 2 run game -- gotta get an out and keep the tying run from moving into scoring position.

I think he could've thrown to first for the easy out, but he thought he could get him out at home and really should have with a better tag.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Definitely want Maye. But I’m excited about the staff that has been put together to help a QB succeed. Lots of coaching that has worked with first round and high end talent: Mahomes, Mayfield, Murray, Herbert, Hurts. A lot of time when a QB “busts” the drafting organization is partly to blame. So whomever they decide to take is theoretically in a good environment to maximize their talent. I’d stick at 2 though. The exciting part about Thursday is whether or not they trade back into the first to take a tackle.
    • I'd be fine with Kjerstad taking some playing time (OF & DH) away from Santander.  I don't think there would be any drop off in our offense productivity and especially with our young guys (Cowser and Westburg) starting to breakout
    • Sending him down gives the team control of age 26 season, no?
    • I agree that 1B would be his last positional option, just saying that he "could" play there if needed. But I agree, he will probably DH or play RF mostly.
    • My guess is, teams will figure out Suárez eventually.  But I’m going to enjoy the ride in the meantime.   And I’d gladly see him in the bullpen in place of Baumann.  This guy at least knows how to pitch.  
    • With O’Hearn, Mountcastle, and Santander I don’t really see much of a need to play Kjerstad at 1B.  If this is more than a short term thing, I would hope that they make his transition as easy as possible, and DH mostly while allowing a few starts in RF. That is to say, let him focus for the most part on his hitting instead of trying to grasp a position (first base) that he still doesn’t seem comfortable with.
    • But not if they bring in lefty and Rutchman and Santander switch sides. That being said, their only lefty relief options are Jose Suarez, who has thrown 53 pitches between yesterday and Saturday and also isn’t very good, and Matt Moore, who is a bona fide reverse splits guy.   Still, I think Westburg bats 6th so he isn’t back-to-back with Tony. Cowser or Mullins would bat 5th, with the other batting 7th.
  • Popular Contributors