Drew Pomeranz is NOT an answer the O's should even consider (Red Sox)

JohnD

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be fine with the O's moving Walker and/or Mancini if what they got back was potential longterm value, like Pomeranz... as others have noted, we don't really have a spot for either.

My main reservation with Pomeranz is that, while I think he's good, I don't think he's THIS good, and it'll let the Padres really get a steal for him.

Mancini and Walker for Pomeranz okay.

I doubt the Orioles can make a significant trade without Harvey or Bundy being moved.

I have no problem moving Harvey, I doubt he gets you as much as you think. I don't think we have enough to get Pomeranz unless we trade guys currently on MLB roster.

I have a bad feeling that Pomeranz will be wearing a Toronto or Boston uniform by the end of the month.

Toronto doesn't have much in the farm anymore. They would be in about same place as us with having to deal mlb players.

Pomeranz is finally living up to his draft pedigree. Having said that, I'm always cautious about acquiring NL pitchers. You just never know how they will handle AL lineups.

San Diego is actually doing well. They fleeced the Marlins on a fast rising pitching prospect for Rodney. They just hoarded the international market signing 7 of top 30 guys.

Pomeranz is an interesting case. Do you keep him? I say trade while his value is at an all time high and I see a team overpaying.

Keep in mind we have made two trades with SD recently. Brach-D.Jones and Despaigne-Cosme. Although they might have been under different GM's. Also we did play them 4 games this year so that adds to the familiarity.

If we were to trade for Pomeranz we minus well go for the gusto and get Rodney. I'd trade anyone in the system other than Harvey and Mancini. Mancini just because we need him next year. Maybe something like Peralta, Lee, Wright/Wilson and Drake.

Rodney even has a cheap 2 million dollar team option next year.

Archived