Drew Pomeranz is NOT an answer the O's should even consider (Red Sox)

JohnD

Pomeranz is finally living up to his draft pedigree. Having said that, I'm always cautious about acquiring NL pitchers. You just never know how they will handle AL lineups.

San Diego is actually doing well. They fleeced the Marlins on a fast rising pitching prospect for Rodney. They just hoarded the international market signing 7 of top 30 guys.

Pomeranz is an interesting case. Do you keep him? I say trade while his value is at an all time high and I see a team overpaying.

I worry about that too, but Pomeranz pitched in the AL with Oak the last two seasons.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind we have made two trades with SD recently. Brach-D.Jones and Despaigne-Cosme. Although they might have been under different GM's. Also we did play them 4 games this year so that adds to the familiarity.

If we were to trade for Pomeranz we minus well go for the gusto and get Rodney. I'd trade anyone in the system other than Harvey and Mancini. Mancini just because we need him next year. Maybe something like Peralta, Lee, Wright/Wilson and Drake.

Rodney even has a cheap 2 million dollar team option next year.

Rodney got traded to the Marlins. Loria is in one of his once in a decade year where they give up whatever to win at all cost.

Knowing the Marlins history, watch them acquire more starting pitching and get to the World Series haha. I know that's the one team I wouldn't want getting in to the playoffs if I'm other NL teams. They have a lot of pieces to make a postseason run.

I say we make an offer for Pomeranz and Upton.

1. SD could salary dump Upton's deal which is about 8 mil remaining for this year and 17 mil. for next year.

2. Insurance if we don't resign Wieters or Trumbo next year.

3. Offer Harvey, Walker and another prospect.

4. Not sure if rule 5 can be added (Rickard) to free up a roster spot.

1. SD could salary dump Upton's deal which is about 8 mil remaining for this year and 17 mil. for next year.

There will be plenty enough interest in Pomerez for them to get a better package than that.

There will be plenty enough interest in Pomerez for them to get a better package than that.

Well without knowing what other teams would offer. How would you sweeten the deal? Boston just unloaded prospects in 2 deal already. What team could top that?

So you would rather have Upton instead of Trumbo next year? Nice.

Well without knowing what other teams would offer. How would you sweeten the deal? Boston just unloaded prospects in 2 deal already. What team could top that?

Boston could still top us. Your probably going to have to include Mancini atleast. I really don't want Pomeranz. He wouldn't help us in September or the playoffs.

Boston could still top us. Your probably going to have to include Mancini atleast. I really don't want Pomeranz. He wouldn't help us in September or the playoffs.

Boston's GM is on the record of the top prospects they are not trading. And they have many top rated prospects at the start of the year who are slumping now. And they are down their closer. And with the Sandavol deal it would be interesting if they can afford Upton.

How would Pomeranz not help. The starters we have outside of Tillman are horrible.

How would Pomeranz not help. The starters we have outside of Tillman are horrible.

I didn't say he won't help at all. But by September, he will probably be shut down because of too many innings. Unless they want to risk a guy they have under control for awhile and most likely gave up some good prospects for.

Boston's GM is on the record of the top prospects they are not trading. And they have many top rated prospects at the start of the year who are slumping now. And they are down their closer. And with the Sandavol deal it would be interesting if they can afford Upton.

You think the Orioles can afford Upton but Boston might not be able to? And Boston has lesser prospects that many teams would still rank higher than our top prospects.

You think the Orioles can afford Upton but Boston might not be able to? And Boston has lesser prospects that many teams would still rank higher than our top prospects.

Boston just took on 18 mill with Brad Ziegler and Hill. Plus the 17.5 mill Sandavol is getting to sit @ home. I would guess they are looking for a bullpen arm and then SP as priority with Kimbrel out with surgery.

Archived