Sunday 5/4 Baltimore in Anaheim

Crazysilver03

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did Millar not score on the play?

He thought it was gone just like everyone else on the freakin team. Just a bad baserunning and thought process. That makes me mad. Should have been 3-0. 2 out and a man on second for jones. Saunders was on the ropes, who knows what would have happened

OMG Matthews. We finally get rid of figgins leading off and Matthews jacks one. GRRRRR!

Probably just because he's slow as hell. He didn't make it home before they got Ramon.

I know Millar isn't fast at all, but seriously that ball was in the air a long time. Any player in MLB should be able to make it home on that. He probably thought it was gone as well.

Ah, well, these things will happen. Unfortunately the O's don't have enough talent to afford too many mental errors like this. At least we got some runs

Indeed. Not absolving him of the blunder, but at least it wasn't just because he was lazy, like his usual base running gripes.

Hell, I thought the ball was out of there, too, it must have just barely not cleared that line.

What a first inning for Joe Saunders. He faces six batters and gives up five hits. Yet he's out of the inning with only two runs scoring.

It would be interesting to see how many times this has happened in the past few years in baseball, seeing two outs on the base paths combined with giving up hits five out of the six batters faced cannot happen too often. Where would I look for this kind of info?

I know Millar isn't fast at all, but seriously that ball was in the air a long time. Any player in MLB should be able to make it home on that. He probably thought it was gone as well.

Definitely. They all did. That doesn't excuse running as slowly as they were though. You have to allow for the possibility that the wind is going to knock a ball down.

Absolutely. Send him a message. As a first base coach, you don't have that much responsibility, the least you can do is keep your head in the game.

As long as your equal about it, I've got no problem with it. Shelby was as lax as Ramon there.

MLB Gameday has Trachsel's Fastball at 86mph with his Changeup at 85mph.....For some reason, that made me chuckle out loud!!

I'm guessing that what Gameday is calling a changeup is really a fastball...

Too bad Traschel doesn't fool the hitters like he does the Juggs gun.The last thing we need is to get Vlad out of his slump before we leave town.

Archived