Poor sportsmanship or smart baseball?

SteveA

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He thought someone was calling for the ball.

If someone was calling for it they would yell:" I got it!"

NOT

"HA!".

Thats just a play the Bluejays should have made. They just wanted a excuse.

Several more points I want to make on this:

1) If you go to MLB.com and watch the footage on the main page ARod clearly says something like "mine" while he passes by the fielder knowing there's another Jay fielder nearby.

2) When ARod was asked he denied it, now he's a liar as well.

3) While I hate ARod and his antics, in this case I don't care as much because they beat the one team that's closest to us in the standings. Let those teams beat up on each other and keep them as far away from us in the AL East standings as possible.

The next questions are:

1) Who on the Jays pitching staff gets the honor of drilling Miss Pay-Rod?

Burnett and his fastball.

The next questions are:

2) Will every other team now have runners screaming "mine" in her ear as they head to third?

Yes and Mora screams it to ARod for the win. Only in that case, the Yankees would get the interference call.

I don't think Arod did anything wrong. That is just part of the game. As a matter of fact, for those of you saying he was a jerk to do that,i could argue that the infielders should have been prepared rehearsed pop up dialogue in another language.

I don't think Arod did anything wrong. That is just part of the game. As a matter of fact, for those of you saying he was a jerk to do that,i could argue that the infielders should have been prepared rehearsed pop up dialogue in another language.

The reason they don't have a rehearsed pop-up dialogue is because nobody pulls that crap. It's an etiquette thing at the very least. It's just sort of gay. If this sort of thing is OK, why shouldn't base runners just stand there and shout in the guy's ear every time there is a pop-up in the infield?

We will not do such a thing because baseball is a gentleman's game, which is rich in tradition and character. Many great men have played this game like Barry Bonds, Ty Cobb, Albert Belle, Jason Giambi and Pete Rose. Using trickery to win, or cheating in baseball would go against all these great men set for the game.

WOW! I mean they do teach you cheat/bend the rules when your young (i.e. ghost tag by SS at 2nd during the dp, getting rid of the back line in the box) but this might be a little extreme. But like you said, it's not written so it's really not cheating. I guess the fear would be that you'd drop the ball and then everyone is safe.

Archived