The Little Things

evenparthrough9

Alvarez doesn't score from 2nd on a 22 hopper to the right fielder. Lost run

Weiters fails to attempt to block the ball in the 7th. Go ahead runner gets to second and scores.

This is in addition to the Davis/Machado fiasco on the bases yesterday and the botched rundown on Saturday. Very sloppy ball lately.

Weiters fails to attempt to block the ball in the 7th. Go ahead runner gets to second and scores.

This is in addition to the Davis/Machado fiasco on the bases yesterday and the botched rundown on Saturday. Very sloppy ball lately.

Red Sox are over Par tonight.

I really think you are being pretty harsh. My opinion.

Jones came up with runners on 2nd and 3rd and less than two outs twice, and got the job done both times.

Agree the Wieters failure to block Gallardo's pitch was pretty lame.

I have no stats to back it up, but it seems like Wieters likes to wave his glove to scoop low and away instead of getting out and blocking pitches in the dirt. Very lazy when it happens.

I have no stats to back it up, but it seems like Wieters likes to wave his glove to scoop low and away instead of getting out and blocking pitches in the dirt. Very lazy when it happens.

Wieters just did it again. Let the go ahead run get into scoring position.

Schoop's grounder between first and second was a little thing. Jones going from first to third on a single was a little thing. He was lucky to score on Manny's grounder, but the little things created the opportunity.

A tad reminiscent of Game Six of the 1971 World Series ...... except that instead of scoring on a shallow fly ball that he had no business scoring on, Jones scored on a ground ball to the pitcher that he had no business scoring on.

A tad reminiscent of Game Six of the 1971 World Series ...... except that instead of scoring on a shallow fly ball that he had no business scoring on, Jones scored on a ground ball to the pitcher that he had no business scoring on.

This analogy will be useful forever, but I can't deny, I thought it too.

It was applicable on Sunday too, except the first to 3rd was 1st to 2nd on a sac bunt and the scoring from third on a sac flay was Alvarez trotting home on Remold's homer. Otherwise, it was just like Game 6.

Archived