Can't keep playing Mark Trumbo in RF

webbrick2010

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watch him play all the time. Every game. He's awful. Possibly in the top (or bottom) five worst OF defenders in the league.

We will just have to disagree.

I do not mind Trumbo in RF

Heck, the O's have had several corner outfielders worse than Trumbo in just the last few years.

That's absurd. He's a terrible RF.

He's an very good right fielder. In the context of everyone in the world who has put on a baseball glove in 2016. There are some low-level indy leagues and JuCo tournaments where he might slide over to center. It just so happens that there are roughly 120 better outfielders currently on major league rosters, ignoring the fact that there are any number of MLB infielders who would be better RFers than Trumbo.

As for the original statement that you can't keep playing Trumbo in RF... of course you can. The Orioles have the 2nd best record in baseball after having played him in RF 54 times. Even the very best teams have a number of players who regularly are asked to do things that they don't do well in the context of a major league team.

He's an very good right fielder. In the context of everyone in the world who has put on a baseball glove in 2016. There are some low-level indy leagues and JuCo tournaments where he might slide over to center. It just so happens that there are roughly 120 better outfielders currently on major league rosters, ignoring the fact that there are any number of MLB infielders who would be better RFers than Trumbo.

That isn't true. Lot of guys who could play right field a lot better than Trumbo that can't hit enough to make it to the bigs. I am sure Hoes we have more than a couple guys in the minors that could play right field right now better than Trumbo.

Archived