I'm starting to hope we take one of the Beckham's.

We have a glaring hole at SS on our big league team.

We have no SS in the minors worth anything.

There aren't many free agent shortstops on the horizon.

We also seem fairly stocked in pitching. And we seem set in the outfield and at catcher. First base can often be filled via free agency if need be. So really we need to find a shortstop.

I've been a Smoak guy the entire time, but I'm starting to hope we take one of the Beckham's. Gordon this year really has exploded like gangbusters. And he performed awfully well in the Cape Cod League. Yes, he had a lot of errors, but I've seen him play on T.V. and I think he can handle the position given a little seasoning...

We have a glaring hole at SS on our big league team.

We have no SS in the minors worth anything.

There aren't many free agent shortstops on the horizon.

We also seem fairly stocked in pitching. And we seem set in the outfield and at catcher. First base can often be filled via free agency if need be. So really we need to find a shortstop.

I've been a Smoak guy the entire time, but I'm starting to hope we take one of the Beckham's. Gordon this year really has exploded like gangbusters. And he performed awfully well in the Cape Cod League. Yes, he had a lot of errors, but I've seen him play on T.V. and I think he can handle the position given a little seasoning...

I'm starting to hope we take Alvarez, Smoak or Matusz in that order. I'm a really patient guy but I don't think I can wait for another young "stud" like we're waiting for Rowell.

If we do take G. Beckham over Smoak, I consider that an indicator that we plan on going after Teixeira pretty hard.

I'm starting to hope we take Alvarez, Smoak or Matusz in that order. I'm a really patient guy but I don't think I can wait for another young "stud" like we're waiting for Rowell.

I agree. While we do have a glaring hole at SS, it's still going to be one if we draft T-Beck (I'M SO ORIGINAL!)...he'll take a few years to reach the big club and contribute unless he's on an A-Rod level of sorts.

I'm hoping for Smoak, personally...but any of these guys listed sound like good options.

Archived