Jimenez starts tonight.

Natty

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blame it on Mr. Angelos. Dan tried.

I'm torn on this. Dan made his bed (signed Ubaldo, signed a hurt Gallardo)...so in a way he has to sleep in it.

There's only so many times you can drop starters, throw draft picks or prospects at fixing money/roster mismanagement (Webb, Matusz, Gonzalez, Ubaldo, Gallardo).

I'd like to know the real story why the Upton for Ubaldo deal didn't go through. Adding a few million to the payroll doesn't makes sense to stop it considering Dan freed up payroll with trading Matusz and dropping Gonzo.

Hard headed enough to be WINNERS since 2012!

Oh yes. Having convictions and sticking with players are strengths indeed, but sometimes those same strengths can interfere with individual judgement calls...like Ubaldo and Miggy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Duq XM said today the deal for Melvin stalled with ownership and gave the BJ's time to slip in with their offer. So yeah, ownership again.

I don't buy it. $5m is really the determining factor here when Duquette dumped Gonzalez and traded Matusz and a comp pick to free up salary...and we're here to believe that ownership cared about keeping a terrible starter on the team when the Blue Jays offered a fringy prospect and not much salary relief?

Doesn't add up.

My gut is that it was overblown how much the Padres were interested in taking on Ubaldo and were demanding more prospects than we were comfortable with in the end.

What's better for the Padres?

Free up a roster spot, get a prospect and not taking on a poor starting pitcher with another year left on their deal

OR

Lose a roster spot, take on significant salary and a poor pitcher for a year and a half

I think when push came to shove, the Padres used the Blue Jays to try and up the prospect offerings from the O's and Duquette didn't budge....which I'm half happy about, actually.

I don't buy it. $5m is really the determining factor here when Duquette dumped Gonzalez and traded Matusz and a comp pick to free up salary...and we're here to believe that ownership cared about keeping a terrible starter on the team when the Blue Jays offered a fringy prospect and not much salary relief?

Doesn't add up.

My gut is that it was overblown how much the Padres were interested in taking on Ubaldo and were demanding more prospects than we were comfortable with in the end.

What's better for the Padres?

Free up a roster spot, get a prospect and not taking on a poor starting pitcher with another year left on their deal

OR

Lose a roster spot, take on significant salary and a poor pitcher for a year and a half

I think when push came to shove, the Padres used the Blue Jays to try and up the prospect offerings from the O's and Duquette didn't budge....which I'm half happy about, actually.

I buy it.

Duq XM said today the deal for Melvin stalled with ownership and gave the BJ's time to slip in with their offer. So yeah, ownership again.

Jim Duq? Don't always trust him. He does not have inside info on the Orioles despite his last name, and he has biases.

Archived