Nice article from MILB on Delmarva's Brian Gonzalez

xian4

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I mean you're right, but it never seems like he adjusts quickly enough within the start to me. For whatever reason I have an easier time pointing to obvious things that went wrong in his starts than other guys. It might be in my head, who knows. He's one of those guys that just seems like he should be better than he is, even though he's already pretty good. You can see a few things he could do differently to get to the next level, but he's kind of plateaued at his current level. 
    • Time will tell but when I watch Peyton Burdick with Norfolk he sells out for power way more than Fabian and he’s been able to have an extended cup of coffee in MLB and Fabian might be a better defender. Rooting for more nights like last night even if the home run numbers suffer a little.
    • Well, I wouldn’t assume changes in pitch mix from game to game are entirely on Kremer.   He goes to the mound with a game plan that has been developed by the coaches and front office and the catcher is heavily involved as well.   I don’t think Kremer just goes out there and says “I think I’ll ditch what worked last time.”
    • He’s going to do what Houston and Atlanta do. Those are your models. The payroll will still be high, especially when these guys get into their arb years but they aren’t going to go crazy in free agency. Build through your system, whether it’s promotions or trades and sign the occasional players to fill in the holes. That’s the way they will do it and it’s the best way to do it.
    • Looks for comfortable and natural there as he gets mor reps, IMO.  No longer looking like a fish out of water.
    • Spend like a drunken sailor. I want Rubenstein's bank account to be $0 when he passes away.
    • This is spot on. If Rubenstein means what he says, (Eilas/Sigbot will run the show) the question is what will Elias do with more resourses? How is Elias going to meld free agencey with a bigger budget and team needs going forward. I do not see Sigbot buying into long term high dollar deals for pitching. Particularly for 30 plus year old pitching. I feel any long term deals will be calculated around mutual advantage for team and player with as little risk as possible. I sure don't see Sigbot paying out eight years for three to four years potential benefit.   
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now