Giolito For O'Day or Brach

joew

Chances are - three years from now, the choice to hold Britton if Giolito were offered for him would look bad.

The Chapman price point was so high - if a GM looks purely at value, right now Jansen should be available for trade. As should Britton, Kimbrel, Davis, etc.

Would it make any difference if this happened and then tomorrow we traded Sisco for Robertson, or Jeffress, or Melancon?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd trade Britton for a SP upgrade, you need SP in the playoffs, bullpens are a luxury

You mean in a short series with built in rest days, almost automatic quick hooks, and the ability to use top relievers 1+ innings almost every game?

That's not a luxury, It's the path to victory.

You mean in a short series with built in rest days, almost automatic quick hooks, and the ability to use top relievers 1+ innings almost every game?

That's not a luxury, It's the path to victory.

Last year, the royals won the series with average starters and a great pen. A great pen is certainly not a luxury. But, Giolito for Britton is such a good deal long term, we would have to do it

Last year, the royals won the series with average starters and a great pen. A great pen is certainly not a luxury. But, Giolito for Britton is such a good deal long term, we would have to do it

I think it's unlikely that the Nats trade a Grade A pitching prospect for 2.5 rather expensive years of Britton. But even if they were willing, I don't think you have to do anything. You have to take into account the impact on the team itself, on the 2016 pennant race. How do you explain to the team that's currently in first place with arguably the best closer in baseball, that you're trading him for a future piece while almost certainly hurting their short-term chances?

You basically never see a contender in the middle of a tight race trade one of their established top performers because it's probably better for the future team.

It would absolutely take Britton at minimum to acquire Giolito and I would be thrilled if we made that deal. I can't believe they offered him to MFYs for Miller. We could move Brach to closer. Would weaken an already very strong bullpen but an awesome deal for the future.

It would absolutely take Britton at minimum to acquire Giolito and I would be thrilled if we made that deal. I can't believe they offered him to MFYs for Miller. We could move Brach to closer. Would weaken an already very strong bullpen but an awesome deal for the future.

The Gioloto for Miller was speculation, not fact.

I hope as a Nats fan too, they wouldn't do that.

Brach is the guy we should trade.

I think you are underestimating the value of Britton. If you are serious about winning, no way you trade Britton. Britton is probably the best closer in baseball right now. I would rather have Britton than Gioloto, and I really like Gioloto.

Brach is the guy we should trade as I have been pounding the pavement on for a month.

Archived