Stark on DD

Rene88

Don't forget Bud Norris and Scott Feldman. Value!

I agree with you, but I don't think "Duquette" type guys are going to put us over the top.

I agree with that. But the moves that would put us over the top aren't there to be had. So it is what it is.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You understand that if the O's doctors felt Gallardo shouldn't have been signed he wouldn't have been? They determined that the amount of wear in his shoulder didn't warrant a third year to the contract not that he couldn't be viable for two.

Of course. The Orioles look both ways and leave contact information with their mothers before buying pitching. Still, thinking he will be fine for two years but not the third seems to be parsing things a bit finely. Seems just as likely that we are seeing a slow decline toward that third year the docs were worried about as the shoulder will suddenly disintegrate 2.5 years from now.

Of course. The Orioles look both ways and leave contact information with their mothers before buying pitching. Still, thinking he will be fine for two years but not the third seems to be parsing things a bit finely. Seems just as likely that we are seeing a slow decline toward that third year the docs were worried about as the shoulder will suddenly disintegrate 2.5 years from now.
You must be new here. PA does not allow medical risks in his contracts.

Not talking about guys like Hellickson or Miller. Guys like Sabathia, Kemp, Shields, Braun. Guys that the other team might say here take him and thanks.

Dan Duquette would not put a Forty Man roster claim in on a player that would not help in the immediate short term with a lot $$$ on the books. I mentioned this with the CC Sabathia part of my post. We also need to remember that any player claimed and allowed to move on our roster would also have someone removed. This opens up the "Jake Arrieta" can of worms all over again..

How do you propose we get that if we cant go and pay for a high priced guy because your restricted on cap and you have no farm to acquire onr?

Its easier said then done. Gotta pay 20-30m a year for a high end atarter. We arent doing that.

Also opt outs which Amgelos won't allow.

As much whining that is on here about guys DD traded who haven't done anything I can only imagine what would happen if the Orioles traded Gausman, Bundy and Cisco for a top starter.

This board would be so toxic that the EPA would be wondering if some government agents accidentally spilled nuclear waste on the servers.

Archived