Stark on DD

Rene88

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You must be new here. PA does not allow medical risks in his contracts.

Then Gallardo wouldn't have been signed.

Someone looked the other way and rolled with it regardless. That was Dan. He waited until the last minute. He was hoping on Fowler and he screwed that up too.

Someone looked the other way and rolled with it regardless. That was Dan. He waited until the last minute. He was hoping on Fowler and he screwed that up too.

giphy.gif I wouldn't give Fowler an Opt out too. Those are ridiculous, but I wouldn't have signed Gallardo until he was better.

If you're such a prude when it comes to opt outs, don't wait until spring training to sign 2 players because you want to take advantage of the draft pick losses being a 2nd rounder vs a 1st. Duquette's back was against the wall with Gallardo because he waited until the last possible minute. Health be damned. He had no other options. That's all Dan, not Angelos.

If you're such a prude when it comes to opt outs, don't wait until spring training to sign 2 players because you want to take advantage of the draft pick losses being a 2nd rounder vs a 1st. Duquette's back was against the wall with Gallardo because he waited until the last possible minute. Health be damned. He had no other options. That's all Dan, not Angelos.

I'd agree with you there. That's usually what DD does, that's how we got Cruz, and we all know how that season went.

Guys like Cruz were proven. He just had a blip because of PEDs. Guys like Ubaldo were buying way too high. Gallardo had huge physical red flags.

FWIW, I liked Gallardo if he was the guy throwing 94 like last year. Not the guy who barely can locate and hit 90 this year. His shoulder is an issue and all the warning signs were there.

Guys like Cruz were proven. He just had a blip because of PEDs. Guys like Ubaldo were buying way too high. Gallardo had huge physical red flags.

FWIW, I liked Gallardo if he was the guy throwing 94 like last year. Not the guy who barely can locate and hit 90 this year. His shoulder is an issue and all the warning signs were there.

His location is what it is because he can't throw by people anymore. His thing is finding ways to make batters miss or ground out. That's always been his thing if the fastball doesn't work. I still think the book is out on Gallardo, but I get why people don't like him. Makes you wonder how guys like Bartolo can still pitch.

Is it his choice to sign guys like Ubaldo on a 4 year deal after only a half year of being good? Or sinning Gallardo after he failed his physical? Asking for a friend.

And those are the guys within the budget he's allowed to choose from. What's he supposed to do? Buy steak on a hot dog budget.

Like they did with Balfour? Obviously the Orioles doctors felt Gallardo was ok on a 2 year deal.

He didn't fail his physical. Grant Balfour did.

PA sees all the medicals. If he doesn't like what he sees, the player doesn't get signed no matter what DD wants to do.

And those are the guys within the budget he's allowed to choose from. What's he supposed to do? Buy steak on a hot dog budget.

Not sign them? Giving up 1st rounders for high risk guys on 4 year deals is disastrous. Santana was a far better option.

Gallardo was more egregious. Don't sign injured starters.

Archived