O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not Ubaldo like. But certainly a piss poor outing.

You take away that grounder that Davis was screened off from and that blooper that Schoop misplayed and he would only have allowed two runs.

I don't think he looked too bad. Better stuff than Gallardo. Better command than Ubaldo.

You take away that grounder that Davis was screened off from and that blooper that Schoop misplayed and he would only have allowed two runs.

I don't think he looked too bad. Better stuff than Gallardo. Better command than Ubaldo.

He was fine. But it's irrelevant if he is out for the season.

Looked pretty good. If the O's lose this game it is on Schoop for dropping that pop up. He did not even need to get extended to catch it.

I thought he took a bad angle to the ball and played it too casually. He made it a tough play by the position he put himself in.

Looked pretty good. If the O's lose this game it is on Schoop for dropping that pop up. He did not even need to get extended to catch it.

He circled that very strangely. It was like he was trying to do a double up before he caught it.

I thought Davis should have at least attempted some sort of soft dive or something to his right. Wasn't like it was a screaming line drive that would have taken his face off. Then the Schoop play. Thought Miley was about as expected, was alright and needed the d to make the plays which didn't happen tonight.

I liked his stuff. I think he got a little unlucky and definitely did not get any help from the defense a few times. He was a little shaky in the first, but then his command got much better, and I think he pitched well. I thought he located well after the first, and he was mixing up his pitches nicely. He should have only given up two runs, but he had a few things go against him.

I feel good about him being in the rotation moving forward, and hopefully he is not too banged up after getting hit with that ball up the middle.

He certainly looks like a #5 starter for the O's so far. :(

When Frobby created a poll about the Miley trade, I was surprised that I was only a handful of people who wasn't in favor of the trade because his remaining contract exceeded his value. Miley has an 88 ERA+ over the last three years in the American League. Even if he ends up being decent for the Orioles over the next months, what makes anybody think he'll maintain his performance and be worth $9 million next year? And if he tanks, the Orioles will end up owing a good deal of money to yet another terrible starting pitcher. Plus, I don't even think Miley's a better starting pitcher than Vance Worley. If Miley was replacing Gallardo in the rotation, I would be a little more enthusiastic about the trade. That move would have actually improved the team. I don't think taking Worley out of the rotation for Gallardo necessarily does.

The box score doesn't tell the whole story. Wade Miley looked like a noticeable improvement over Ubaldo. He just got unlucky tonight because of some crappy defense.

Texas also hit some decent pitches for a parade of doubles. For the moment I am assuming that was an anomaly, not a fundamental flaw where he manages to throw good looking pitches that consistently get clobbered.

Any update yet on his injury? This could be huge.

Archived