O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

The box score doesn't tell the whole story. Wade Miley looked like a noticeable improvement over Ubaldo. He just got unlucky tonight because of some crappy defense.

He was lucky to not have given up more runs. If it was the Rangers incompetence with runners in scoring position, his final line would have been much worse.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was lucky to not have given up more runs. If it was the Rangers incompetence with runners in scoring position, his final line would have been much worse.

Yeah, and it had nothing to do with shoddy defense at all, either. :rolleyes:

I happen to be traveling for work in Washington right now and they have the game on and Miranda looks like he has some decent stuff. He is definitely rough/nervous but has some good things going for him. I wonder who watches these guys in the system? Then again, we picked up Jones and Davis when their teams weren't quite as high on them

Team speed was a notable difference tonight.

They turned quite a few "Orioles singles" into "Texas doubles".

They manufactured runs, we hit solo home runs again.

At least we still won two out of 3.

Miley had some really bad breaks tonight, some blooped hits and some bad defense.

I just hope that screamer didn't hurt him and he can get back on the bump in 5 days.

I happen to be traveling for work in Washington right now and they have the game on and Miranda looks like he has some decent stuff. He is definitely rough/nervous but has some good things going for him. I wonder who watches these guys in the system? Then again, we picked up Jones and Davis when their teams weren't quite as high on them

Miranda looks like he has good stuff... Fastball sitting 92 with ability to run it up to 95. Looks like he can add and subtract the change between 80-85. Locating the curve low in the zone. Definitely not afraid of the strike zone.

Been watching the entire series on the MLBtv as well. He definitely is showing some promise.

Looks like he has good stuff... Fastball sitting 92 with ability to run it up to 95. Looks like he can add and subtract the change between 80-85. Locating the curve low in the zone. Definitely not afraid of the strike zone.

Miranda looks like he has good stuff... Fastball sitting 92 with ability to run it up to 95. Looks like he can add and subtract the change between 80-85. Locating the curve low in the zone. Definitely not afraid of the strike zone.

I really liked Miranda's stuff when we saw him briefly against @Sea. Good FB, looked like he had a little splitter. Could be a good fit for those big ballparks out west.

However, Miley is 29, Miranda is 27. We are in when now and needed the mlb track record at this point. Miley will be fine. Texas has a tough lineup that was due to break out and catch some breaks after being shut down the last two nights.

Miley's next two starts are @Oak and @SF. Those parks should be friendly to him and the lineups are not as tough as Texas.

o

I was pining for Miley as far back as April 30th (half-serious/half kidding.) :D

I did take note of what I saw of him on that night, though:

o

The Mariners have won 6 out of their first 8 series so far this season.

They just shut out the Royals for the 2nd consecutive game (1-0 and 6-0), and will be going for the sweep tomorrow.

Wade Miley pitched the first complete-game shutout of his career tonight.

27 OUTS: 12 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Strikeouts, 4 Popouts, 3 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Foulout

WADE ALLEN MILEY O (vs. ROYALS, 4/30)

IP:l 9 O(COMPLETE-GAME SHUTOUT)

H:;; 5 ll(1 Double, 4 Singles)

R:l) 0

BB: 0 *

SO: 4

Pitches: 114 (77 Strikes, 37 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.06

* Miley had 1 Hit Batsman

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152892-2016-Seattle-Mariners?p=4133615#post4133615

o

18 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts, 2 Popouts

WADE ALLEN MILEY oo (vs. ATHLETICS, 8/09)

IP:l 6 - PLUS

H:;; 6 ll(1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB:)3

SO:)2

Pitches: 99 (60 Strikes, 39 Balls)

2016 ERA: 4.98

PITCHES BY INNING

17 (12 Strikes, 51 Balls)

13 (91 Strikes, 41 Balls)

18 (11 Strikes, 71 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 31 Balls)

12 (51 Strikes, 71 Balls)

23 (11 Strikes, 12 Balls)

31 (21 Strikes, 11 Balls) *

* Miley did not record any outs before departing in the 7th inning.

I liked what I saw tonight. He actually gets some swings and misses and is a legit mlb starter. He gives us a chance. It's not just smoke and mirrors. We only have one of those left, Gallardo.

Totally agreed. I have confidence in him.

No complaints at all with the last trip through the rotation. Just so frustrating when the bats cool when the pitching has it going on, all going six innings / quality starts. Only one pitcher gave up more than two runs (Tillman with 3).

2e6d8d411c4d8d9d48af75d052ed567e.jpg

Archived