O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I prefer the sweet, dark red cherries. I think they've gone for the year.

I like the liquor filled chocolate covered cherries. There's an OLD candy shop in town that has them sometimes. Haven't had any of those in a long time...

I was too optimistic (imagine that)

At the time of the trade I didn't think the O's would win or lose more games because of the addition of Miley

Kind of feeling that he is going to reduce the number of wins this year and next year he gets to be Bud Norris 2015.

and Miranda starts for Seattle today

I'm figuring that he can't possibly be any worse than Miley, is young with upside and costs the ML minimum

Buck/DD loves them ML track records, no matter how far off the track

Miley, Jimenez, Gallardo, Worley...testimony to Duquette's inability to recognize pitching talent; to say nothing about Despaigne, Drake, Ondrusek, Toliver.

I say we dump Duquette at the end of the season...promote Buck to GM and hire a new manager.

Miley, Jimenez, Gallardo, Worley...testimony to Duquette's inability to recognize pitching talent; to say nothing about Despaigne, Drake, Ondrusek, Toliver.

I say we dump Duquette at the end of the season...promote Buck to GM and hire a new manager.

I think this would weaken two positions. I think Brady would be the next GM, but I don't want Buck in that role. I think he's fine right where he is.

Maybe the biggest problem long-term is that all the players by now see that Duquette has failed every trade deadline. Every year, he's hurt the organization. At some point (and I think we've reached it), the players lose faith in management.

Archived