O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really don't like that he's on the hook for $9 mil next year.

I don't love the cost, but to be honest I prefer that than if he were just a rental. At least it's one more arm to throw into the mix for the rotation in '17. If they don't want to keep him, they might be able to offload him to another team since the free agent pitching crop this off-season is extremely thin.

I don't love the cost, but to be honest I prefer that than if he were just a rental. At least it's one more arm to throw into the mix for the rotation in '17. If they don't want to keep him, they might be able to offload him to another team since the free agent pitching crop this off-season is extremely thin.

The Miley contract in and of itself isn't that bad, it is when you add it to Ubaldo and Gallardo that it becomes an issue.

I guess... $9 mil isn't that cost prohibitive in this market. If he does well enough to trade though, the Orioles will just keep him around.

$23.5 mil invested in Jimenez, Gallardo and Miley for next season. Uy. Thankfully they'll all come off the books after that (if the team does not exercise team options for Gallardo and Miley).

The Miley contract in and of itself isn't that bad, it is when you add it to Ubaldo and Gallardo that it becomes an issue.

It's very bad no matter how you dress it up. Btw, his ERA was dressed up nicely by Givens last night.

It's very bad no matter how you dress it up. Btw, his ERA was dressed up nicely by Givens last night.

Or by Davis not being charged with an error on the play he left on. you could look at it either way, Or Schoop being charged with an error for even throwing to third. Or an umpire screening Davis after his error.

o

21 OUTS: 9 Strikeouts, 6 Groundouts, 4 Flyouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Out Going from 1st to 3rd on a Single

WADE ALLEN MILEY oo (vs. BLUE JAYS, 8/29)

IP:l 7

H:;; 5 ll(2 Home Runs, 3 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB:)2

SO:)9

Pitches: 112 (65 Strikes, 47 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.43

PITCHES BY INNING

13 (71 Strikes, 61 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 41 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 71 Balls)

26 (14 Strikes, 12 Balls)

14 (10 Strikes, 41 Balls)

26 (14 Strikes, 12 Balls)

51 (31 Strikes, 21 Balls)

Solid start. Unfortunately the offense has gone away.

Idk...I only saw the last two innings, but I saw a lot of hard hit balls that found gloves. Maybe it hasn't been that way all game, but I wouldn't say the offense has completely gone away.

A bit umpire assisted in the early innings (the ump has been helping Estrada a good bit as well) but a good start in his biggest O's game yet. Against one of the best lineups he'll face. If his September performance is closer to this than to his first few starts that will help a lot.

Archived