O's looking at Wade Miley (Acquired for Ariel Miranda)

ChipTait

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles gave up absolutely nothing. Lee has a strikeout rate of 3.3 strikeouts per 9 IP at AA and Gunkel has an ERA around 4 with an opponent batting average of .280. I'll be shocked if both of those guys combined end up having more WAR than Miley has had in his career so far (8.7). My biggest issue is the money that is owed to him. I don't like the fact that the Orioles owe Miley $9 million next year. Hopefully the Mariners will pick up some of that salary.

It was Miranda.

I like Lee a lot, so do many others.

I'm more worried about Miley taking up a roster spot and payroll than I am about Miranda.

Miley has pitched well over the past month (3.45 ERA). He one-hit the Cubs and beat Arrieta the other day. Gave up two runs in six against Toronto before that. That would seem to indicate he could be quite useful. And it's not like the Orioles gave up much to get him. And if the Orioles can afford $161 million for Chris Davis, Miley's contract isn't anything to worry about.

Unless I am missing something, I'm pretty happy with this trade. Losing Miranda isn't a big deal and if that's all we give up this deadline that sounds great to me.

Agreed. Unless there is another fake Twitter angel, this deal is fine. It may or may not help but Miranda is nothing vital.

Miley has pitched well over the past month (3.45 ERA). He one-hit the Cubs and beat Arrieta the other day. Gave up two runs in six against Toronto before that. That would seem to indicate he could be quite useful. And it's not like the Orioles gave up much to get him. And if the Orioles can afford $161 million for Chris Davis, Miley's contract isn't anything to worry about.

Which should give you an idea about how much I am worried about losing Miranda. ;)

Archived