Do O's make another trade before the deadline?

Obando

Now that we have traded for Miley to add to the rotation, do you think DD will get us a reliable LH reliever that we badly need? I would hope he can find a way to get that done before the 4 pm deadline tomorrow. My targets would be Will Smith of Milwaukee, Fernando Abad of Minnesota, or Boone Logan/Jake McGee of Colorado. I wouldn't think the cost will be too high to get any of them, but with some of the returns we've seen for relievers recently, who really knows?

Sir Loin, you hearing anything from your source about additional moves we are trying to make before the deadline?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake McGee is an interesting candidate. I haven't heard his name mentioned in trade talks and he seems be having a down year but I always liked him when he was with TB. He's tough against LHB, has a lot of high leverage experience. I'm not sure Rockies are looking to deal him but I think he could be had on the cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for a whole month.

I wouldn't put it past them. They've gone a week so far. I don't think they'll push it until Jones shows he's hurt again and then they'll bring up Borbon.

I think it's an either or. Either they keep Ubaldo and keep him an 8 man bullpen or they DFA him (which I'd do) and go with a 4 man bench with a defensive OFer.

My guess is that Despaigne heads down for Miley. They could also send down Wilson and add a lefty if they are comfortable with just Worley as the long man.

This club needs a better defense for the outfield. Trumbo has been a disaster out there.

I know he's not very popular with Orioles fans because of his remarks in 2014 but Jarrod Dyson would be the perfect fit for this team. He's a tremendous defender saving 10+ runs a year for the last three seasons and he would also provide much needed speed on the basepaths. Kansas City really doesn't need have room for Dyson. Gordon and Cain is entrenched in the outfield and Paolo Orlando has outplayed him this year. If I was DD, I would be calling up the Royals asking what it would take to get Dyson.

I know he's not very popular with Orioles fans because of his remarks in 2014 but Jarrod Dyson would be the perfect fit for this team. He's a tremendous defender saving 10+ runs a year for the last three seasons and he would also provide much needed speed on the basepaths. Kansas City really doesn't need have room for Dyson. Gordon and Cain is entrenched in the outfield and Paolo Orlando has outplayed him this year. If I was DD, I would be calling up the Royals asking what it would take to get Dyson.

And the Royals just traded for A's outfielder Billy Burns too.

I doubt we make another move this offseason, given that we have very little left to give. If we do make a move, it'll be a nothing-burger type move, or a situation where we eat a bunch of salary for someone whoe doesn't move the needle.

I doubt we make another move this offseason, given that we have very little left to give. If we do make a move, it'll be a nothing-burger type move, or a situation where we eat a bunch of salary for someone whoe doesn't move the needle.

Very little left to give? Miranda was all we had and now we have nothing left to give? That sounds kinda weird to me.

Very little left to give? Miranda was all we had and now we have nothing left to give? That sounds kinda weird to me.

The cupboard was pretty bare obviously before Miranda (who wasn't much of a trade chip). Frankly, I wasn't sure we'd even make the deal we did. But now that one of the few modestly desirable trade chips is gone, I can't see us going to get more. We did need one more body for starting pitching. Maybe a second one won't hurt. But I don't see us springing for Hellickson at this point (nor did I before). We made one more. I don't see us making two.

Archived