Do O's make another trade before the deadline?

Obando

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christian Walker + filler for Boone Logan? He seems fairly similar to the return the White Sox got for Zach Duke, who wasn't just a 2-month rental. He wouldn't really be blocked at 1B with the Rockies, either. And his time in the OF might give him a little extra versatility for the NL game.

Sure would love to add Logan to the pen for the stretch run and playoffs. He could be a valuable chess piece in the late innings --- his numbers are outstanding this year.

I put the chances at about 2%, but we're at least flirting with trying to get Moore or Sale. Numerous reports have us with scouts at their games. I don't think we have the horses for Sale in particular, but wouldn't be shocked if DD has Sisco, Mancini, Harvey, and Peralta/Reyes on the table for Moore.

The cupboard was pretty bare obviously before Miranda (who wasn't much of a trade chip). Frankly, I wasn't sure we'd even make the deal we did. But now that one of the few modestly desirable trade chips is gone, I can't see us going to get more. We did need one more body for starting pitching. Maybe a second one won't hurt. But I don't see us springing for Hellickson at this point (nor did I before). We made one more. I don't see us making two.

I don't think getting Miley lessens the O's desire for Hellickson. Just don't know if the O's have enough to get him. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with him.

I don't think getting Miley lessens the O's desire for Hellickson. Just don't know if the O's have enough to get him. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up with him.

Man. If we give up big value for a pitcher, I sure hope it isn't Hellickson.

Buck or Dan have said they are comfortable with Bundy starting through the rest of the regular season in terms of innings/limits etc.

I'd like him ready for the postseason, too. Though to be honest, I think that can happen with the current roster. With Worley back in the pen, he can spot start a couple times to allow the Birds to skip Bundy some. They can also limit innings in game with a number of long relief options that can piggyback on Bundy's starts.

Archived