Do O's make another trade before the deadline?

Obando

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will Smth would be a nice lefty to add for a relatively inexpensive price hopefully.

Have you seen what the Indians gave up for Miller? Will Smith is under team control through 2019. He is not going to be "relatively inexpensive" at all. Think Cisco to start the conversation.

Have you seen what the Indians gave up for Miller? Will Smith is under team control through 2019. He is not going to be "relatively inexpensive" at all. Think Cisco to start the conversation.

Well Andrew Miller has been worth 2.2 WAR and Will Smith has been worth -0.2 WAR so he shouldn't cost nearly what Miller did.

They can skip him with some spot starts in September.

I'm sure that will go over well. "Yeah, we're only up a game on the Jays/Sox, but we're throwing Ubaldo out there today because Bundy has an innings limit, even though we said in July he doesn't have an innings limit."

My gut says no, there's not another move today. They'll certainly kick tires and hunt around, but they don't seem to be involved with any of the names that have been thrown around as guaranteed deadline day moves... Whomever they acquire to bolster the pen can probably come in August.

My gut says no, there's not another move today. They'll certainly kick tires and hunt around, but they don't seem to be involved with any of the names that have been thrown around as guaranteed deadline day moves... Whomever they acquire to bolster the pen can probably come in August.

Well, the Miley thing came up quickly, so there could be some stuff going on behind the scenes. I still think DD would like a lefty arm out of the bullpen.

Well, the Miley thing came up quickly, so there could be some stuff going on behind the scenes. I still think DD would like a lefty arm out of the bullpen.

I'm sure he does, but a LOOGY is almost certainly an arm that you can get in August, too. Not saying it's impossible, just saying that I feel like they're done with non-waiver trades.

I doubt the Orioles would let Bundy start the rest of the way. I also see no reason why they wouldn't not say they have no problem going with him the rest of the way to the media. You don't want the other teams to think you are desperate for another starter and have him on an innings limit. You want the other teams to think we may push him.

This club needs a better defense for the outfield. Trumbo has been a disaster out there.

That's hyperbole. Trumbo is not a good defensive outfielder, that is true, but he hasn't been a disaster out there. Even his defensive numbers show him to be below average, but not terrible so. I can think of maybe one game where his defense cost the Orioles a chance at winning a game. For a guy who has played first base almost all his life, I think he's been better than expected in RF. He's certainly not much worse than Nick Markakis was his last few years here, especially range wise.

I'd really like for DD to get a left-handed reliever who dominate lefties for the pen down the stretch. With Givens struggling, they need someone who can match up in the 6th and 7th inning, especially on days when Brach or O'day can't go.

I doubt the Orioles would let Bundy start the rest of the way. I also see no reason why they wouldn't not say they have no problem going with him the rest of the way to the media. You don't want the other teams to think you are desperate for another starter and have him on an innings limit. You want the other teams to think we may push him.

You lost me.

I can see Buck starting Bundy through August and letting him go 5 ro 6 innings. But in September (once the roster expands) I think they lessen his load. Maybe 4 starts going 60 pitches (3 or 4 innings). That should keep him available the playoffs.

I can see Buck starting Bundy through August and letting him go 5 ro 6 innings. But in September (once the roster expands) I think they lessen his load. Maybe 4 starts going 60 pitches (3 or 4 innings). That should keep him available the playoffs.

I think they'll largely make it more performance driven. Everyone needs to take a step back and remember that the guy's only made three whole starts.

Wouldn't it be better to skip a start or two, then just let him go 3 or 4 innings, you want to keep him stretched out to 5-6 range, dont you?

Archived