Recent Lineup Changes at 105.7 The Fan

ScottieBaseball

I don't get Vinny. If you want to keep him around for football season I get it, but he is terrible with baseball. I think Jeremy/Scott are the best duo because they play off of one another so well. I really like Rob Long and I think that he is one of the most well rounded guys when it comes to football/baseball/basketball. I like Ed for the non-sports talk in the morning, but he is lacking sometimes on the baseball side, but he is good for MMA if that is your thing. I am sad that Steve lost his job. I did not care of Ken W. or Steve, but that doesn't mean that I want them out of a job.

I do like Jeremy & Scott the best, I do agree

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really appreciate both Rob Long and Bob Haynie. Will miss Bob on the Orioles pre-game as I can't stand Jerry Coleman's schtick. Scott Garceau is the adult in the room, so to speak, and pairing him with Jeremy Conn works really well.

Bob is going to continue doing the pre-game show.

Tony, are you going to be on the air again anytime soon ???

How often do you go on, about once every 3 weeks or so ???

I go on when they call. Usually every couple of weeks during the season but I honestly just get texts asking me if I can come on. Maybe Bob will have me on now like the good 'ol days? haha

I don't mind Rob. He knows his stuff for the most part. Bob Haynie is pretty good too.

Ed Norris never knows much of anything but he doesn't really act like he does. I'm not sure what the purpose of having him around is.

Vinny Cerrato might be the worst radio guy I've ever heard. He has a rep as an awful NFL GM, his voice and the way he talks is just unbearable, and overall he just comes off as a moron.

Agree on Vinny. The ONLY value he adds is some scouting knowledge when it comes to football. He can dissect the play of different Ravens on Monday morning very well. But the endless prattle about his kid's hockey games, his lack of knowledge on other sports. Can't stand him.

Love Bob Haynie, love Rob Long. Like Jeremy & Scott. Weinman is very solid. Terry Ford is actually pretty knowledgable if you can get past the voice and sense of humor. I like Coleman too, and the OP doesn't mention he is getting an expanded evening role.

I was never a Davis fan, I found him to be kind of a d-bag. And I don't like Norris much either.

...It's definitely a promotion to be on in the mornings. In radio that's where you want to be...

True enough, though when I did morning drive (very briefly) I hated it. Honestly, graveyard was better in terms of work/life balance at the time. I didn't last long enough in the business to get there, but my ultimate ambition was afternoon drive. 2nd highest-rated (-paying) slot, and perfect working hours assuming one can get in his production time before going on air.

Really appreciate both Rob Long and Bob Haynie. Will miss Bob on the Orioles pre-game as I can't stand Jerry Coleman's schtick. Scott Garceau is the adult in the room, so to speak, and pairing him with Jeremy Conn works really well.

Couldn't have said it better. Coleman is the absolute worst. I've heard rumblings from other media members that he isn't anyone's favorite but he has some sort of respect earned across the board. I wish Ken could be with Bob and Vinny would disappear.

Couldn't have said it better. Coleman is the absolute worst. I've heard rumblings from other media members that he isn't anyone's favorite but he has some sort of respect earned across the board. I wish Ken could be with Bob and Vinny would disappear.

What I dig about Coleman is he at least has a pair. And by that I mean he will ask Harbaugh hard questions. Our creampuff media won't do that.

Davis was my least favorite guy, with Coleman only slightly ahead of him, I honestly don't know how he keeps getting radio jobs in the area. For me, Bob is the best, he is sports knowledgeable, but more importantly his personality is good. While he is perfectly capable of running a silo show, he seems to bring out the best in his partners, even making ford tolerable.

What I dig about Coleman is he at least has a pair. And by that I mean he will ask Harbaugh hard questions. Our creampuff media won't do that.

I don't pay any attention to his actual reporting skills but I'm just talking about as a radio personality. Within the first 10 mins of his new show he was already promoting his pod cast, talking about how many texts from haters he was getting. Not to mention his "holier than thou" attitude when anyone disagrees.

I can't stand Vinnie or Ed. I refuse to give anyone a pass on baseball, because the Ravens are more popular. It's your job. Learn both sides. The lack of knowledge on 105.7 is consistently disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob Haynie is my favorite voice in Baltimore sports radio and that's been the case since he had afternoon air at WNST. I wish him the best and I hope that he continues, as Tony said, to anchor the Orioles pre-game show on game days. Ken Weinman has also grown on me and, as others have posted, I think that "the lantern" Coleman asks some of the best questions of any local journalists.

It is difficult to find good things to say about Ed Norris in the morning. I question the degree to which he does any research beyond turning on SportsCenter. As some have implied, he does have sponsorships, as we hear in his commercials all day, so that may explain his continuation.

Archived