Wade Miley... and Miranda to start on Thursday

webbrick2010

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahahahaha. I jokingly asked if I should start a sky is falling thread since Miranda is starting for SEA. If someone is doing something different than us, they must be right.

I should've known you would start the latest freak out thread. This first place season must be tough on you.

I think it was a cash dump for Seattle.

Seattle hasn't made the best trade decisions over the years.

Miranda got hammered pretty good this year, and I guess Buck and DD, felt he didn't have it in him, to warrant a 2nd look.

Well, Buck and DD also thought Yovani Gallardo (injured and all) was a viable option...and Gonzo was done. So there's that.

And it was only *1* appearance w/ the O's re: Miranda.

Well, Buck and DD also thought Yovani Gallardo (injured and all) was a viable option...and Gonzo was done. So there's that.

And it was only *1* appearance w/ the O's re: Miranda.

Gollardo has fared much better, since he did the DL stint and rehab work.

Not sure how Gonzo fixed himself, most of us in OH, thought he was done, since he was still throwing as bad, as he did, when he finished up 2015, after resting the winter.

I think Buck and DD could trade for Kershaw and you would still find something to fault them on.

Not sure how Gonzo fixed himself, most of us in OH, thought he was done, since he was still throwing as bad, as he did, when he finished up 2015, after resting the winter.

I think Buck and DD could trade for Kershaw and you would still find something to fault them on.

I'd hope they wouldn't trade for Kershaw.

Add Miranda to the list of

Ed rod

Davies

Gonzo

if they go 5 and give up 3 or less we start a thread. Heck I heard Seattle is letting Miranda to back to his old Cuban league wind up and throw two different versions of the cutter.

If he can do his own thing and succeed I think the data points are stacking up again in regards to our developmental system.

If he can do his own thing and succeed I think the data points are stacking up again in regards to our developmental system.

I thought he had exceed the initial scouting hope while with the Orioles. What I heard was that he was a bad Cuban reliever. And when I saw him he looked like good minor league pitcher. And I saw him a lot. Davies was great with us. And Gonzalez went from being a Mexican league reject to a playoff pitcher with the Orioles.

Gallardo has a 5.21 ERA since his DL stint. While that is technically "much better" than the 7.00 mark he had before the DL, it's still not a capable starter. Criticism of the Gallardo signing is very much valid.

I find this interesting

If Miranda is really ready to start at the ML level, like Seattle thinks

then why didn't the O's just start him?

Buck/Dan really like their veterans with track records. It'll be interesting to see what we get out of Miley

Of course there is a difference between a contender starting someone and a team that is pretty much out of the race starting someone.

Gallardo has a 5.21 ERA since his DL stint. While that is technically "much better" than the 7.00 mark he had before the DL, it's still not a capable starter. Criticism of the Gallardo signing is very much valid.

vatech1994 likes him so there is that....

I like what Worley brings to the table, but he isn't nearly the same quality pitcher as Gallardo. And yes I know they have pitched about the same number of innings this year and Worley has a much lower ERA. Worley has one good start and a lot of solid work in long relief once we are behind in a game. He has been in very few high leverage situations. That is just a completely different world than starting every 5th day where a team can watch film and game plan for what he is bringing to the table.

At the same time, Gallardo has been taking the ball every fifth day now for 6 weeks. He hasn't been lights out, but there have been a lot of outings that looked a lot better than the final results due to the last inning or poor relief or both.

In Gallardo's last outing against Toronto, he held them scoreless through 4 IP which is no small feat. The fifth inning things went horribly awry, but I watched the inning and it wasn't a pitcher falling apart so much as just what happens sometimes in the game. He had 2 walks to good hitters on a series of close pitches. It was 2-1 when he was removed and Givens allowed all 3 runners on base to score. At the end of the day, it was a 4.1 IP, 5 ER outing, but he certainly didn't pitch that poorly.

Gallardo will be fine for the remainder of the season if he stays healthy. Worley is a solid pitcher, but he is much better suited for a spot start / long relief role. If Gallardo is our #5, the rotation is very solid.

My 2 cents

Post #1461

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/153156-Dylan-Bundy-Thread?p=4131253#post4131253

Gotta be sarcastic. The Orioles most imporatnt trade since Frank Robinson consisted of us fleecing the Mariners giving up Bedard and getting Adam Jones and Chris Tillman among others.

Of course, Roy. And our right fielder this year is doing well too.

And I do want Miranda to toss a no hitter against Boston.

Archived