Time to bat Pedro 4th

Dark Helmet

Have you looked at Alvarez' splits v LHP? I don't care how hot he is v RHP.

Wieters needs a day off. I agree with Frobby and Tony, Buck is running him into the ground. If Chris sits a lefty has to hit unless Wieters is the DH, I think he needs a day off.

Wieters needs a day off. I agree with Frobby and Tony, Buck is running him into the ground. If Chris sits a lefty has to hit unless Wieters is the DH, I think he needs a day off.
You don't want Alvarez hitting LHP. I'm all for sitting Davis, but against RHP, because Pearce and Trumbo hold their own against them. Trumbo 1B, Kim LF, Pearce RF, Alvarez DH.

Wieters needs to play against a lefty. Great right-handed hitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wieters needs to sit his ass down and give Caleb a few ABs a week! Keep his batting eye sharp. I don't know what Buck is doing here. What point he is trying to prove?

Wieters needs to sit his ass down and give Caleb a few ABs a week! Keep his batting eye sharp. I don't know what Buck is doing here. What point he is trying to prove?

Just a hunch, I think the reason Buck is playing Wieters so much lately is to allow Matt every opportunity to increase his counting stats in order to better position himself for contract negotiations this offseason. I would expect this to continue through the end of the year - Jospeh's playing time will be minimized. Just my $.02.

He's been a second half hitter his whole career. This year is no different. Chris has been cold most of the year. Time to send Davis down in the order. Take advantage of a hot Pedro.

Actually, it is not true that Alvarez has been a second half hitter for his whole career. There's very little difference between his career first half (.751 OPS) and second half (.765) numbers. Pedro's pattern is that he starts ice cold in April, has a decent but still subpar May, gets red hot in June, and is solid but unspectacular the rest of the year.

That said, he's red hot now and fun to watch. I don't see Buck changing his lineup much, though. He's not the type to move guys around due to a hot or cold streak.

Just a hunch, I think the reason Buck is playing Wieters so much lately is to allow Matt every opportunity to increase his counting stats in order to better position himself for contract negotiations this offseason. I would expect this to continue through the end of the year - Jospeh's playing time will be minimized. Just my $.02.

Oh yea I'm sure that's it.

Actually, it is not true that Alvarez has been a second half hitter for his whole career. There's very little difference between his career first half (.751 OPS) and second half (.765) numbers. Pedro's pattern is that he starts ice cold in April, has a decent but still subpar May, gets red hot in June, and is solid but unspectacular the rest of the year.

That said, he's red hot now and fun to watch. I don't see Buck changing his lineup much, though. He's not the type to move guys around due to a hot or cold streak.

Well he's been pretty spectacular from mid July til now. And Chris hasn't. I know Buck won't move Davis. But Davis is killing the team batting 4th.

Archived