Can Bundy make a run at Rookie of the year?

accinfo

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess you could count him, but Kim didn't light up the sky like Ichiro did

Never said Kim did or if he should/shouldn't get it. Just saying Ichiro had. Additionally, the year before in 2000 Kaz Sasaki also won the ROY after his time in Japan (was 32 years old).

Nomo also won it for the Dodgers in 1995 after 5 years in Japan.

The Orioles could have 2 guys finish in the top 5 in ROY voting. But I'm like you, Bundy is a true rookie. I know Kim qualifies by rule, but he's far from a rookie.

Kim isn't going to be in top 5. You have Kepler, Mazar, Fulmer, Nyquin, Snell and Bundy if he keeps producing.

Ichiro's rookie year: .350/.381/.457/.838, 242 H, 127 R, 56 SB

Kim: .331/.413/.453/.866, 60 H, 22 R, 1 SB.

Kim has been hurt by being a platoon player, but his average stats compare favorably.

One is a great defender, the other is....not.

Right now, the Orioles could have 3 guys finish in the top 10 for MVP. Trumbo, Machado, and Britton.

Trumbo? A defensively challenged corner outfielder with a 121 OPS+? In no way should he be in the conversation for the league's MVP. If the award is just about hitting home runs, then sure. But in pretty much every other facet of the game, Trumbo is not good. I'd say he's probably the fourth or fifth most valuable player on the team.

Trumbo? A defensively challenged corner outfielder with a 121 OPS+? In no way should he be in the conversation for the league's MVP. If the award is just about hitting home runs, then sure. But in pretty much every other facet of the game, Trumbo is not good. I'd say he's probably the fourth or fifth most valuable player on the team.

Hence why I said could and not would or should.

I'd rather watch a Kim at bat than anyone else on the team.

I've seen him take some pretty awful swings, at least as bad as some of the ones Adam takes. Or Davis. Just not as often.

He's overmatched by a good FB and often hits off the front foot instead of using his hips to turn on a pitch and drive the ball. I'm still baffled at why they shift on Kim, he seems perfectly content to slap the ball to left if pitched that way. That HR recently surprised me, definitely turned on that. Tough pitch too. Slider/cutter not a FB.

And he won't be. One dimensional player. Machado, Britton, and Tillman have all been more valuable this year. With as bad as Davis has been he is still more valuable than Trumbo because of his defense. Giving Trumbo a participation trophy would be apropos of the defense he has allegedly played.

I'm glad he's on our team though. :D

I've seen him take some pretty awful swings, at least as bad as some of the ones Adam takes. Or Davis. Just not as often.

He's overmatched by a good FB and often hits off the front foot instead of using his hips to turn on a pitch and drive the ball. I'm still baffled at why they shift on Kim, he seems perfectly content to slap the ball to left if pitched that way. That HR recently surprised me, definitely turned on that. Tough pitch too. Slider/cutter not a FB.

I have seen Kim hit the snot of a 98 MPH fastball, so not sure, how overmatched he is.

And he won't be. One dimensional player. Machado, Britton, and Tillman have all been more valuable this year. With as bad as Davis has been he is still more valuable than Trumbo because of his defense. Giving Trumbo a participation trophy would be apropos of the defense he has allegedly played.

I'm glad he's on our team though. :D

It's not that long ago that Juan Gonzalez (3.8 rWAR, 17th among vote-getters) won an MVP over Ken Griffey (9.7) and ARod (9.4) apparently because he had more RBI than all the other non-Albert Belle participants. All those voters can't be dead yet, can they?

Archived