Why Do We Have Hitting Coaches?

section18

Our inability to manufacture runs will be our downfall.

Buck needs to call up Mancini, this team needs a jumpstart.

The status quo is simply not good enough and we could be looking at a major losing streak when we play in San Francisco this weekend.

Make the call. Also, there is zero coherent strategy for this team at the plate. Nothing but off balance hacks and uppercut swings. It's a real pleasure to watch baseball like this..........

Does anyone know when our hitting coaches are coming back? Has anyone seen them? The hitters as I've said on here many times go up to the plate with no plan it appears. Every at bat is batting practice. Swing, swing , swing!

You can't ask a team outside of Kim and Manny that are a bunch of hackers to change. If coaches could change players they would make $30M a year. The team is full of redudant hitters and the worst fears about the lineup are happening right now. Last in PA's with RISP. They don't have enough chances to score. If Davis and/or Trumbo don't get hot we are in trouble. Not like there are is anyone in the minors to give this team a lift.

This is sad to watch. Not making pitchers work, not allowing them to make mistakes that we can take advantage of, not running up pitch counts in order to get to weak middles relief. First pitch swinging on balls out of the zone is baffling. Like that ball is the best pitch you'll see all AB.

Our inability to manufacture runs will be our downfall.

Buck needs to call up Mancini, this team needs a jumpstart.

The status quo is simply not good enough and we could be looking at a major losing streak when we play in San Francisco this weekend.

Make the call. Also, there is zero coherent strategy for this team at the plate. Nothing but off balance hacks and uppercut swings. It's a real pleasure to watch baseball like this..........

He will be up when the rosters expand I would guess.

True to a point but there's nobody on the Cubs that doesn't play the Joe Maddon way. Nobody!

I don't know. I don't keep up with the Cubs or Joe Maddon. I really don't quite

understand what you mean by that. The Cubs have slumps. Every team has those

during the season. Players have ups and downs.

About half a dozen threads I could be posting this in...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since the All-Star break:<br>Toronto: .222/.303/.390<br>Baltimore: .225/.280/.371<br>Boston: .251/.317/.428<br><br>So it’s not just your team, folks.</p>— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="

">August 11, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Since the All-Star break:<br>Toronto: .222/.303/.390<br>Baltimore: .225/.280/.371<br>Boston: .251/.317/.428<br><br>So it’s not just your team, folks.</p>— Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="

Is that supposed to make me feel better? It's even worse to know that we would be up multiple games if we simply had a below average offense.

So what is the reason? Players worn down? Schedule plays a role at times.

Archived