Davis strikeouts

baltfan

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Power hitters do that. Be happy for the O's win.

Don't have an issue with striking out. Have an issue with striking out looking so often with no one on first. I don't want him to hit into double plays by swinging at bad pitches, but with no one on or a guy on second or third, if it's close try to put it in play.

Two of those strikes were clearly off the plate. Strike 3 especially. The ump was a little Eric Gregg-ish there today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually didn't have a whole lot of problem with him not swinging in the last at-bat. Same pitch had just been called a ball.

I have tried to find stats on watched third strikes. Anyone know where to find?

Go to the player page on BB-ref, click on "more stats" and it takes you here:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/davisch02.shtml?mobile=false

Scroll down to "pitches summary - batting" and you'll see a column for L/SO%. It shows that before today, 35.4% of Davis' strikeouts have been looking. He has already struck out looking more this season than in any previous season. It really has been an issue lately.

On his last strikeout Palmer said it was pathetic umpiring. Yea its gotten old watching CD do it, but what should the guy do when the umps are calling balls strikes?

If the ump has a big strike zone, you have to deal with it once you reach two strikes.

Archived