Is it Duquette or Angelos to blame here?

markakis8

I mean for freaking sakes, all we needed was a solid pitcher or two. We have the defense, we have the offense, and we have one of the best, if not THE, best bullpens in baseball. Trade the FARM for a pitcher. Why could we not get Sale? We have to cough up top minor leaguers, do it!

Matt Moore would've been cheaper. Andrew Cashner would have been cheaper. Drew Pomeranz would have been cheaper.

But no, let's get another freaking soft throwing pitcher to throw in the mix with Yovani and Ubaldo. Wade F***ing Miley.

This might be the best team we've had in decades our are starting pitching will cost us a playoff spot.

What cracks me up the most is the Orioles so hesitant to pay for quality arms and commit the years but the arms they do sign are atrocious. I cringed at the Ubaldo signing and I cringed at the Yovani signing. They better just keep drafting arms the first 5 rounds every year, they need it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I mean for freaking sakes, all we needed was a solid pitcher or two. We have the defense, we have the offense, and we have one of the best, if not THE, best bullpens in baseball. Trade the FARM for a pitcher. Why could we not get Sale? We have to cough up top minor leaguers, do it!

Matt Moore would've been cheaper. Andrew Cashner would have been cheaper. Drew Pomeranz would have been cheaper.

But no, let's get another freaking soft throwing pitcher to throw in the mix with Yovani and Ubaldo. Wade F***ing Miley.

This might be the best team we've had in decades our are starting pitching will cost us a playoff spot.

What cracks me up the most is the Orioles so hesitant to pay for quality arms and commit the years but the arms they do sign are atrocious. I cringed at the Ubaldo signing and I cringed at the Yovani signing. They better just keep drafting arms the first 5 rounds every year, they need it.

You done raging? None of those guys were cheap unless you consider giving Bundy up cheap. Miley was cheap.

Moore, Cashner and Pomeranz are not worth dealing the entire farm.

Sale is... but our entire farm isn't as good as the other "entire farm" offers Chicago was getting from other teams.

There was no better option.

We could've gotten both Cashner or Pomeranz for the Padres with a package that included Mancini, Tanner Scott, and Sisco. Something around there.

We could've gotten both Cashner or Pomeranz for the Padres with a package that included Mancini, Tanner Scott, and Sisco. Something around there.

LOL no we couldn't We have no farm system so we can't trade for pitching. We sure as hell havent developed pitching, and we wont spend on real pitching. Its a catch 22 and something needs to change

I get it. Miley pitched like crap tonight. PA wont pay the 20M + AAV to sign a TOR FA SP. We don't have the prospects to trade for a Sale or Moore without including Schoop and other ML roster players. This has all been said before.

Been said multiple times b/c something needs to change. There were easily 10 better options out there better than Miley (I mean who REALLY thought Miley would be an upgrade? He's pitched like shat the past 3 years). Sale aside, there were much cheaper options more valuable than Miley that would have cost us more, yes, but we are vying for a RING here!!!

The Red Sox had to give up a prospect who has been compared to Jose Fernandez to get Pomeranz, it isn't a problem of money.

The Rays were asking way too much for their pitchers. From the Marlins they wanted Yelich and additional players for Moore or Odorizzi. Yelich is worth more than either of those two, again a trade wasn't happening.

I blame Duquette, he traded Davies for Parra, and didn't sign Miguel Gonzalez. The starting rotation would look much better with them in the mix.

The Red Sox had to give up a prospect who has been compared to Jose Fernandez to get Pomeranz, it isn't a problem of money.

The Rays were asking way too much for their pitchers. From the Marlins they wanted Yelich and additional players for Moore or Odorizzi. Yelich is worth more than either of those two, again a trade wasn't happening.

I blame Duquette, he traded Davies for Parra, and didn't sign Miguel Gonzalez. The starting rotation would look much better with them in the mix.

Cmon we all know that comparison is laughable. Sure he's 18, but the dude gives up almost a hit an inning, and is barely under 9 k/IP....the only thing remarkable is the lack of HR he gives up. No where near what Jose Fernandez was @ 18/19 (who at 20 struck out 180+ in the MLB over 170 innings)

He might be highly touted but we all know there are top 20 prospects that never do anything in the show. Comparing him to Jose Fernandez is laughable at best.

Are you happy knowing our weak spot are our "solution" for it?

Our weak spot has always been our rotation. Our bullpen is short because of O'Day injury. It happens. Ubaldo actually kept us in the game and a bloop hit took him out of it. Buck mismanaged the pen tonight. Wilson shouldn't have pitched or been brought in first. Buck wasted 3 long men tonight and concedes the game bringing in Wilson. Tomorrow is a new game, so move on.

Archived