Let's face it, we all knew there were going to be nights like tonight this season

FanSince88

We've been lucky we haven't been giving up double digits two or three times a week this season. However, Ubaldo was serviceable in April, Wilson was serviceable until a month or two ago, Bundy is doing very well for a guy whose arm was about to fall off, and Tillman has completely returned to his 2014 form which seemed unlikely going into the year.

Things could have been much worse. And they could get much worse. Let's hope this team doesn't pull a 2002 down the stretch.

I guess people thought Miley was going to be good.He is a back of the rotation guy who might win some games down the stretch. Some people wanted Shields. He stunk again yesterday. Orioles still in pretty good shape for the wild card. Davis looks like he might be coming out of his slump He can carry the team for a week.Rotation still an issue .Not anything new.

Losing last night after the first-inning HR barrage was hard to take. But look at how the BJ's lost on the same night: with a 2-1 lead going into the bottom of the ninth, their closer gives up two HRs (one inside the park that almost went out but was misplayed by the OF and should have been a double or triple). I would think that was even harder to take. With a closer who hasn't blown a save yet, we haven't lost games like that.

The roster expansion should help the Orioles more than the BJs or RS. If we can get to the end of the month within 2 or 3 games of the lead, I think our chances are decent, even though, IMO, both those teams have more talent than the Orioles.

Archived