If This Team Collapse For The Second Straight Year, Doesn't Buck Have To Take A Hit?

ORIOLE33

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The criticism I have a weird time with is DD. Sure, he doesn't get it right 100% of the time but people act like he's got nothing to do with putting together teams that have made the playoffs and finished .500 or better for 5 years now. How quickly we forget the 12 years before.
Really. Arguably the best GM in recent history, Gillick, could get no where with PA, and yet people bash DD for not pulling rabbits out of hats

Has Buck made a few mistakes. Yes. Has DD made a few. Yes. Would you like to go back and suffer for 14 years, no.

That being said I would consider trading Manny, Zach, and a few others to get cheaper and more flexible. We have all off season to discuss that.

How many teams have more than one? There are 9 Hitters with OBP over .400. 2 have less than 20 HR so I wouldn't consider them power hitters. Only 3 have 30 or more, the rest have between 20 and 25 so I would say there's a trade off between power and high OBP.

This is a correct statement in the post Bondsian era.

The criticism I have a weird time with is DD. Sure, he doesn't get it right 100% of the time but people act like he's got nothing to do with putting together teams that have made the playoffs and finished .500 or better for 5 years now. How quickly we forget the 12 years before.

Fourteen. Dan has never had a losing season with the Orioles.

Archived