I'm sure of this: swept by Washington

O's84

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm trying to decide whether to buy tickets to tonight's game. The O's have done well this series without me in attendance and I'd hate to be at a game where Ubaldo gets us way behind early and the first three innings take 90 minutes to play. But I have the itch.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy tickets to tonight's game. The O's have done well this series without me in attendance and I'd hate to be at a game where Ubaldo gets us way behind early and the first three innings take 90 minutes to play. But I have the itch.

Go to the game, how often does the Birds, get this close to you? :)

Scherzer is a dang good pitcher, but he can be beat.

Go to the game, how often does the Birds, get this close to you? :)

Scherzer is a dang good pitcher, but he can be beat.

Two or three games a year.

Until this season, I had been a member of a Nats ticket group and so I had tickets to five games a year, and I'd always pick one or two of the Orioles games when we held our ticket draft. We had great seats, three rows behind the visiting (Orioles) dugout. But this year the ticket prices were hiked from $60 to $100 per ticket, and I dropped out and spent some of the money to up my allotment in my Orioles ticket group from 6 games to 8 games.

I agree Scherzer can be beaten. He's 13-7 facing the lesser competition of the NL East, so we might be able to get to him. It's Ubaldo who worries me. He might have one of his rare good days, but the odds aren't in his favor. And when he's off (which is most of the time), it's so painful to sit through it because of how many batters he gets behind and how many pitches he throws.

Just went online -- the stadium is sold out except for Standing Room, and StubHub prices are running at a pretty significant premium over face value. I think I'll watch from the comfort of my rec room, with the option of turning it off if Ubaldo turns it into a non-game.

Just went online -- the stadium is sold out except for Standing Room, and StubHub prices are running at a pretty significant premium over face value. I think I'll watch from the comfort of my rec room, with the option of turning it off if Ubaldo turns it into a non-game.

I did that once this season, and the team did a fantastic come from behind with strong 7-8-9 and scoring something like 7 runs.

Going into the game with Ubaldo reminds me of the Seinfeld episode when Cramer's test-driving a care with the car showing the tank is on empty. His mind is set to keep on driving it even with it showing the tank is below empty. He can't stop - he's got to keep on driving it past it's limit - no stopping to get gas.

Buck, please stop for some relief at the first sign of danger, and get some gas from the pen.

Didn't realize you were in the DC-area too. I'm looking forward to my half-price Papa John's tomorrow following a Nat's win. :thumbsup1: :smile11: ;)

He's got a top 5 lowest career era at nationals park, so there's that.

Likely all while he was with the Rockies, so not sure how relevant.

Archived