Ray Knight crying about grounds crew watering down OPACY infield

Redskins Rick

He's used to crying. He has to listen to FP's commentating on daily basis.
Both are horrible. Carpenter is a good name for him. Listening to the broadcast is like a hammer in the head or a nail into the heart.

How anyone can survive more than 5 seconds of that is beyond me. I was talking to a guy who used to work for SNY and went to cuse where a lot of sports broadcasters come from. Apparently, amongst other broadcatsers, FP is known as the worst commentator in baseball.

How anyone can survive more than 5 seconds of that is beyond me. I was talking to a guy who used to work for SNY and went to cuse where a lot of sports broadcasters come from. Apparently' date=' amongst other broadcatsers, FP is known as the worst commentator in baseball.[/quote']

Santangelo makes me chuckle. He drops lines that remind me a bit of Mike Flanagan; pointless comments and non sequiturs. I don't think he takes himself very seriously.

Santangelo makes me chuckle. He drops lines that remind me a bit of Mike Flanagan; pointless comments and non sequiturs. I don't think he takes himself very seriously.

He doesn't. I met him a few weeks back at a bar in Alexandria. Very aware that he sounds dumb a lot of the time, but some people do like him.

Also, to his credit, nice guy, spent like 30 min talking baseball and announcing with me.

Archived