Tommy Hunter Released by Indians- SIGNS with Orioles to be Eligible for Postseason.

Rene88

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not the last one when Tommy pitched. :)

I'm merely pointing out that the Blue Jays are a better team than the Yankees. If you do not agree we can have that conversation.

No need to get grumpy this morning.

Of course the Blue Jays are a better club, but there are no slouches in the AL East, the Yankees have been playing good ball, even before the Orioles came to town.

Tommy's curve/slider looked like a real hammer yesterday.

I think the main thing with him is throwing that pitch frequently and for strikes. The 97 MPH fastball is nice but not when he is throwing it ten pitches in a row like we have seen in the past.

Not the last one when Tommy pitched. :)

I'm merely pointing out that the Blue Jays are a better team than the Yankees. If you do not agree we can have that conversation.

Our other relievers sure seemed to have problems with the Yankees. No one is expecting Tommy Hunter to pitch like Britton; We just expect him to pitch better than the 6th and 7th guys in the bullpen.

o

Right-hander Tommy Hunter talked about rejoining the Orioles:

"I'm thrilled," he said. "Some of my best friends are in the clubhouse. So, it's been a wild year and-a-half. It was pretty exciting times in our household last night. There were a lot of things that happened to get me back to this spot. It's come full circle, and I couldn't be happier."

Does it seem like he was here just yesterday ???

"It kinda was. It doesn't go away. There were a lot of memories here. A lot of lasting memories, not only for me, but for my family as well. Baltimore is special to me, to my family, and it's always going to hold a special place for us. Waking back through the doors and seeing all the faces that I just saw made me smile pretty big."

Hunter talked about being in the minors most recently, and being on the disabled list in July with a non-displaced fracture in his lower back.

"I actually tripped and fell down the stairs with my little man in my arms. I was just changing his diaper, walking down the stairs, and my feet came down from underneath me. He's fine. He's good. I think I took the brunt of it, and I was down on the farm, trying to get better, trying to get back. Now, I'm standing in front of you guys with a big smile on my face."

Hunter gave up 4 runs and 7 hits in 6 innings this month at AAA-Columbus before Cleveland released him. He last pitched just a few days ago.

"Wednesday was my last game. I'm ready to roll. I threw 9 pitches on Wednesday in one inning in Indianapolis. I've been pain-free for quite a while now," he said.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/08/chris-davis-on-blowout-losses-tommy-hunter-on-os-reunion.html

o

I called him Tommy "Throwin' Strikes" Hunter when he used to pitch for us.

Now, he's back with us.

And in his first outing back with the team ........ ) 27 Pitches (21 Strikes, 6 Balls.)

I called him "Tater"

Good for you.

I don't like taking shots at Orioles players while they are with the team.

I won't hesitate to criticize them when they play horribly, but I don't use derisive nicknames for them in the process.

I like Hunter. This is basically what we wanted to do with Chaz Roe. Both are out of options. So wait till the last week of August to call them up. We just got desperate a few weeks ago and went to Roe. Then we needed fresh arms and see ya Chaz Roe.

It's funny. The same thing happened to Hunter last year. He had no options so got released around the end of July. With the way we need a "b" squad bullpen to eat innings, you better have options if you're in the 6th and 7th spots.

Archived