Getting to know the new Yankees

Frobby

The Yankees have made some very ingenious trades. They know how to outsmart all the other teams. Other clubs seem to give more

for Yankee star that the Yankees have the money to sign such as Andrews and traded B prospects to get Chapman.

And the Yankees turned them into A+ prospects. The Yankees know what they are doing in farm development.

It would be a dream if the Orioles were like that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Yankees have made some very ingenious trades. They know how to outsmart all the other teams. Other clubs seem to give more

for Yankee star that the Yankees have the money to sign such as Andrews and traded B prospects to get Chapman.

And the Yankees turned them into A+ prospects. The Yankees know what they are doing in farm development.

It would be a dream if the Orioles were like that.

Yeah...they have such a rich history of growing the farm.

Not in my opinion. Jones plays every day when healthy. Having a guy just because he plays CF would be bad roster management. Now, today is a different story. We need to get somebody here.

I meant that the Orioles knowing Rickard might be out most of the year and got Pearce who did not play the outfield for the Rays Basically have one good defensive outfielder. Pearce,Trumbo and Alvarez are DH or fist baseman.Reimold is not good.Kim runs like a cartoon character feet moving but not going anywhere. The way he catches the ball is also strange.He seems to jam on the breaks and that way you never get momentum on the throw.

It's getting harder and harder for me to watch full games anymore. Were not just getting beat by MFY' date=' were getting our heart's ripped out.[/quote']

I haven't been able to watch games at Yankee Stadium for some time now. Hurts too much.

Seriously, I'm not watching. I'm checking the score online periodically and typing here.

As John Sterling keeps saying. Gary is scary. He's the Sanchize!

Yes, yes. The game is a little more difficult than he is making it look. A hot streak does not a superstar make. Let's see how he does with booing in his ears after losing games and going 0 for 20. Either way, he is a MFY and this is an Orioles forum. This thread belongs in the MLB section if all we are going to do is praise MFYs, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Over the weekend, here is how the new Yankees referenced in the OP fared.

Gary Sanchez: 6 for 12 with 2 HR, 5 RBI

Aaron Judge: 1 for 7 with a walk

Ronald Torreyes: 5 for 10 with 2 doubles and a walk

Luis Cessa: 6 IP, 3 ER, got a win

Chad Green: 4.2 IP, 4 ER

Aaron Hicks: 3 for 9 with 1 HR, 3 RBI

A word about Sanchez: I don't see how he can be for real. His numbers were good in AA and AAA, but nothing suggesting he was going to be an instant superstar as a major leaguer. Sooner or later he will come back to the planet Earth -- hopefully, by this weekend.

Archived