What deal from the past ten years most infuriated you?

Scrat1

Ubaldo was for 2nd round and Gallardo was supposed to be as well.

No.

Ubaldo was for a first round pick. Cruz, who signed after him, cost the second round pick.

Gallardo would have cost a first round pick with or without Fowler signing. The O's would have lost the pick they got for Chen signing with the Marlins if Fowler had signed.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Trumbo?

Reynolds was awful at third but was actually decent when moved to first in 2012.

I am talking about third base Reynolds plus all the strike outs and the low batting average. Betetmit was t much better at third. Manny was quite the improvement over what we had.

Is Davies a productive MLB guy now or something? I honestly don't know.

He isn't setting the world on fire, but he's been worth 2.2 WAR, which is better than both Tillman and Gausman, and nearly as good as Teheran, a guy just a couple of months ago many posters were willing to move serious prospects for.

He isn't setting the world on fire, but he's been worth 2.2 WAR, which is better than both Tillman and Gausman, and nearly as good as Teheran, a guy just a couple of months ago many posters were willing to move serious prospects for.

Looking at the scroll bar on the right Tillman's worth 4 WAR and Gausman 2.8.

Davies would be a big improvement over the three amigos.

Mark Trumbo?

Reynolds was awful at third but was actually decent when moved to first in 2012.

Agreed. He seemed to have found a home at first base. I felt OK with him over there once he figured things out. And he carried the team a few times leading up to the playoff run with some crazy RBI and home run streaks.

Looking at the scroll bar on the right Tillman's worth 4 WAR and Gausman 2.8.

Davies would be a big improvement over the three amigos.

I was using fWAR, which has them grouped pretty closely together with Davies slightly better, but I'm a fWAR/bWAR agnostic, so I won't argue with you on his exact placement in the rotation. Needless to say, we could desperately use him.

I was using fWAR, which has them grouped pretty closely together with Davies slightly better, but I'm a fWAR/bWAR agnostic, so I won't argue with you on his exact placement in the rotation. Needless to say, we could desperately use him.

Yep, you replace Gallardo with Davies and the O's are in first.

For me it was giving away Pat Neshek for a ham sandwich basically in 2012 while keeping Kevin Gregg on the roster. We really could have used him in our 2012 playoff run. Still could use him right now to be honest.

Some of the other deals DD has done I haven't necessarily liked (Parra, Gallardo, etc) but I understood the reasoning. Trading away Neshek for nothing but keeping Gregg or even Matusz has made absolutely no sense to me to this day.

For me it was giving away Pat Neshek for a ham sandwich basically in 2012 while keeping Kevin Gregg on the roster. We really could have used him in our 2012 playoff run. Still could use him right now to be honest.

Some of the other deals DD has done I haven't necessarily liked (Parra, Gallardo, etc) but I understood the reasoning. Trading away Neshek for nothing but keeping Gregg or even Matusz has made absolutely no sense to me to this day.

Agreed. They also had that Socolovich fella. Giving him away to the A's (who were in competition with us for a WC spot) was idiotic.

Jim Johnson to the A's. That one pissed me off at the time, but the year we traded him he sucked and we had Britton emerge.

Parra. I was for it then, but with the benefit of hindsight, it sucked.

Not resigning Cruz and or Markakis still pisses me off. Kakes is on waivers, so lets trade Ubaldo for him and make that right.

Trading for Travis MFing Snider. Made sense at the time, but that back fired massively and was truly aggravating to watch him spiral down the toilet.

Oh, and everything from 1998- the jones trade, and getting rid of Tejada was a bust or just stupid. It's with the knowledge that my father would have disowned me (He didn't raise a quitter, damn it!) if I ever truly gave up on the Orioles and walked away from them. They paid the bills, after all (Dad worked for the Keys for a while).

Thankfully we don't completely suck now. We just have stretches where we suck, but the good stretches outnumber the bad, which is all you can ask for in baseball.

Davies. It was a pathetic and desperate moment. Obviously a mistake to seemingly everyone except the guy who made the trade. Got a bad player for a kid that could have helped us now and going forward.

I'm also very against giving up 1st rounders, especially for trash like Jimenez and Gallardo.

Trading Eduardo Rodriguez for Andrew Miller. You don't give up a top 100 prospect to a division rival a for rental reliever especially when you already have a very strong bullpen. Andrew Miller pitched as well as a reliever possibly could and he still only accumulated 0.9 WAR with the Orioles. Eduardo Rodriguez has already accumulated 2.7 WAR for the Red Sox. If he doesn't pitch another inning, it's a win for the Red Sox. If Rodriguez busts as a starting pitcher and only becomes a decent LOOGY like Brian Matusz, it's a win for the Red Sox. The only way the Orioles would have been able to get fair value for the trade is if Rodriguez completely busted and proved to be not even good enough to be a replacement level reliever in the majors. I was really ticked off about that trade.

Archived